PDA

View Full Version : POTM May 2007 - Deciding the Winner!

Harrison
9th May 2007, 12:16
The May 2007 Poster of the Month competition is under way.

Don't forget to vote on all of the nominated posts so we can announce the winner quickly at the end of the month.

When submitting a post for POTM make sure the correct Poster of the Month Category is selected when you submit your post. This month's will be "POTM May 2007". Also please add a little comment with your submission to explain why you think the post should be nominated.

Make sure you also read the pinned thread outlining the complete POTM rules and how to nominate a post if you haven't taken part before.

As always, if a clear winner is made through voting then that member will automatically be awarded, otherwise a deciding poll will be held to decide the final winner.

Good luck to everyone, lets hope we find a great post for this month's award.

Harrison
7th June 2007, 13:05
We had some very close voting for the nominated posts in the May Poster of the Month competition. A lot of the posts ended with just a couple of points between then and we have ended with two posts from Demon Cleaner and Teho both receiving 27 points.

Therefore we have a tie for the winner of the May Poster of the Month competition.

You can take a look at these two final post nominations for May here (http://forum.classicamiga.com/quotes.php?s=&all=&perpage=25&category%5B%5D=9&totaloperator=%3D&total=27&averageoperator=&average=&votesoperator=&votes=&do=list).

And don't forget to start nominating for June.

Demon Cleaner
7th June 2007, 15:25
two posts from Demon Cleaner and Teho both receiving 27 points.I think you should consider the average points, if total points are equal, thus giving the result with 4.50 for Teho and 3.86 for DC in this case. It should only be decided like this if average & total are equal.

My vote goes for Teho.

Harrison
7th June 2007, 16:10
That is a great idea mate. I hadn't considered that at all and as it states the average vote in the quote voting it is a perfect solution and therefore will remove the need for polls when we have a tie. I will update the POTM rules to include this method of decided the winner based on the average voting score. Cheers for the suggestion. :thumbs:

For this reason I think it only fair to start using this method now and so based on the average voting Teho is the winner for May. :)

Congratulations Teho :thumbs: