PDA

View Full Version : How did you find classicamiga.com?

Harrison
9th May 2007, 11:03
Every time I see some new members join us I wonder how they discovered classicamiga for the first time. So how did you discover classicamiga?

As well as answering the poll, please say a bit more about how you came here. It would be great to find out.

Demon Cleaner
9th May 2007, 11:34
Unfortunately I can't tell anymore. It has been along time now I'm on the boadrs, but I can't remember how exactly I came here. Probably whilst searching for amiga sites (what else). I was one of the first members (Nr: 7), and registered the second day it was online, I speak of course of the old boards.

Since that time I always enjoyed being on the site with almost the same regular members than now, asked for getting a moderator position after soem years and now fully enjoy being on the board and helping for the main site, and I'm always occupied.

Harrison
9th May 2007, 11:51
Didn't you originally start out with us on the GameFAQs Amiga board?

Demon Cleaner
9th May 2007, 11:54
Didn't you originally start out with us on the GameFAQs Amiga board?That could be, I've been there since already a long time, and I think that was the first forum I was visiting. Then I saw that they also got some retro boards, C64 and amiga. I'm pretty sure that's where we met.

Merlin
9th May 2007, 11:57
I came here bacause Dazzaboy from Oldskool UK reecommended your site, simple as that. A loooooooong time ago I knew the guy who ran the Lowlife BBS, along with guys like Blobby, Voodoo and Little John who ran a Nintendo BBS IIRC.

Merlin

Harrison
9th May 2007, 11:59
It is such a shame that GameFAQs declined and their boards are hardly ever worth visiting or posting on these days. So many little kids measuring each others "hardware" and fighting about who has the longest "cable".

I remember when I first discovered GameFAQs it was a great place to visit and post. With many great members discussing a lot of great subjects about anything and everything game and computer related. Then the mods got power hungry and all the great posters left.

Demon Cleaner
9th May 2007, 12:10
So many little kids measuring each others "hardware" and fighting about who has the longest "cable".You're right. Have you seen the posts they recently made in the amiga topic, I already send some of them into moderation. Same counts for the C64 topic.

I came here bacause Dazzaboy from Oldskool UKI was asking him to put his newsletters on our main site, surely that's why he knows about the board. Hopefully he will also take a look at our forums.

Submeg
9th May 2007, 12:56
I came here because I was looking for a way to play Dragon's Lair...I stumbled across the forums by complete luck!

Teho
9th May 2007, 14:50
Well, you know how I got here Harrison. But if anyone else is curious, I was also one of the GameFAQs members who hung out at the Amiga board. So I registered here along with everyone else when Harrison announced he'd opened a Classicamiga forum, after that mod wiped all our posts on the Amiga board for no good reason.

And about GameFAQs, I agree completely. I've been a member there for many years now, but the past few years I've hardly posted there at all. I still go there from time to time, but almost never find any interesting topics. It's as you say, just full of kids asking the same old questions, making the same old topics, having the same old arguments. I just can't be bothered about that place anymore.

Toasty667
9th May 2007, 14:51
Had very little work to do so I was trying to find adf's of my long lost gaming collection then I landed here.:)

Stephen Coates
9th May 2007, 16:49
It is such a shame that GameFAQs declined and their boards are hardly ever worth visiting or posting on these days. So many little kids measuring each others "hardware" and fighting about who has the longest "cable".

Sound a bit like when I'm at school with everyone talking about their Core Duo systems. And one person who has a laptop with 90 gigs of memory (not RAM) (or the other way round. i can't remember). And various people saying that the 8MHz processor that was in a system we looked at in ICT coursework was crap.

Anyway, I have been visiting the ClassicAmiga site since about 2002. It was definately before the forums were made though. Found it because I found harrison's original page via Google I think and it had a link to classicamigacom.

Joined the forums in March 2003.

J T
12th May 2007, 19:37
I posted a few times on the Amiga gameFAQS boards and then one day Harrison popped up and started posting. Then he started his own site and I ended up posting there more and more frequently until at one point I did virtually nothing but make silly posts and topics on the old boards.

And what you guys have said about gameFAGS is 100% true, it used to be a great place but now the boards just are not worth bothering with. Although it is possible that the boards there have only gotten a little worse, but I have a much lower tolerance for them than I did all those years ago (indeed, the internet seemed new and wonderous back then, instant communication with people all over the world.... now it is just another easy resource, taken for granted).

v85rawdeal
13th May 2007, 06:37
I was spending a lot of time looking for pc abandonware, and stumbled onto a link to classicamiga.

Sharingan
4th July 2007, 09:07
Lurked on the GameFAQs Amiga forum for a while, but never posted. I had the link to Classicamiga saved in my bookmarks, but didn't decide to sign up until very recently. I guess I was bored :)

Demon Cleaner
4th July 2007, 13:16
I'm glad you finally decided to sign up, as the Gamefaqs amiga board is very lame and there are many blockheads lurking around. And it's also good to see new members registering and also posting something.

Submeg
4th July 2007, 13:17
Lol, what an impression Classicamiga made on you then ;)

TiredOfLife
4th July 2007, 13:57
Searching for assistance on something or other.

Blue Jedi
29th July 2007, 10:25
I chose other because i am always looking at games past and present on search engines and some how I found classicamiga.com.

toomanymikes
19th August 2007, 21:31
Maybe a bit late to this post but I found this awesome site because of a mention on game central. Thanks to whoever wrote in I now have a spiffy A1200 with a HD and an unnatural desire to buy upgrades...

Byte
22nd August 2007, 00:10
Well it looks like I'm the new kid. I came across the site doing a google search for AmigaOS.

Demon Cleaner
22nd August 2007, 00:47
Welcome mate, enjoy our boards :thumbs:

Submeg
22nd August 2007, 07:55
Welcome welcome. Many things to see, do and smell here...:unsure:

FOL
22nd August 2007, 17:19
Well we all know how i found the page again, after all these years, ;).

v85rawdeal
23rd August 2007, 08:52
Maybe a bit late to this post but I found this awesome site because of a mention on game central. Thanks to whoever wrote in I now have a spiffy A1200 with a HD and an unnatural desire to buy upgrades...

You are most welcome :D

toomanymikes
23rd August 2007, 12:31

You are most welcome :D

Thanks man - downside is my girlfriend wants to kill you :lol:

Harrison
23rd August 2007, 13:44
Girls... They just don't understand the important things in life do they.

Try to make her see sense by comparing your passion for the Amiga to most girls obsession with shoes and handbags.

FOL
23rd August 2007, 21:23

Try to make her see sense by comparing your passion for the Amiga to most girls obsession with shoes and handbags.

LMFAO, to true, to true

Submeg
25th August 2007, 00:04

Sorry Harrison, it doesnt work :no:

Harrison
25th August 2007, 09:33
Damn! That's because girls think illogically due to all those hormones flying around. You have to study their moods and insert your logic at exactly the right moment, between the long illogical bits.

Submeg
25th August 2007, 10:54
Dude thats like trying to find a 2 in a binary sequence! :unsure:

FOL
25th August 2007, 11:03
Dude thats like trying to find a 2 in a binary sequence! :unsure:

lmao, guys i cant stop laughing.