PDA

View Full Version : Do you still own Amigas today?

Harrison
9th May 2007, 11:16
So, do you still own real Amigas today?

Demon Cleaner
9th May 2007, 12:57
Only A500 and A1200. But also own the CDTV and CD32.

Merlin
9th May 2007, 13:26
Yep, an A500, an 500+, an A600 and three A1200s in various stages of repair, see the "first Amiga" poll for more lowdown as I would just be repeating myself.

Merlin

Submeg
9th May 2007, 14:29
A500 I have stashed away

Teho
9th May 2007, 16:25
Yep. An A500, A600 and an A600HD. Also three PCs (only one in use) two C64s, a C128 and I think a Sharp MZ-700 which I believe is sitting in the attic at my grandmother's, unless it's been binned. I plan to try and find it one day. Old and completely useless system, which is half the fun!

AlexJ
9th May 2007, 16:32
An A600 which won't read any disks at the moment (going to have to have another go at getting it working) and an A1200.

Stephen Coates
9th May 2007, 17:45
Both Amigas and PCs and others.

Puni/Void
9th May 2007, 19:52
I currently have three Amigas. One Amiga 1200, one 500, and one CD32. I mostly use the Amiga 1200 for Demoscene purposes.

v85rawdeal
10th May 2007, 17:36
Have an A1200, with a 4.3gb hard drive.

Plus the PSP running UAEPSP, and my PCs.

TiredOfLife
10th May 2007, 23:47
Two A1200s.
One in use and one in bits.
Also have a C64.
No pc although there is one in the house.
It belongs to the missus.

J T
12th May 2007, 20:18
A500 in the loft at my Mum's house. Last time i tried it the graphics output was a bit shifty, certain games had really flickery sprites which it didn't do before.

Harrison
14th May 2007, 14:49
Did you have the A500 connected via the crappy external modulator? If so that's probably the only reason for the graphics looking a bit crap. Those A520 modulators don't tend to last as long as the actual Amigas and definitely don't like loft conditions.

J T
14th May 2007, 14:54
I was using the A520 modulator yes, but remembered that even new, they were rubbish. So to test it I tried using the monochrome composite output on the back of the A500 and the sprite flickering still occured. It was odd as some games didn't do it at all, but others did it like crazy (and some games would be fine for a bit, then shifty for a bit, seemingly at random).

Harrison
14th May 2007, 15:38
Sounds like a dry joint on one of the custom chips. Or some condensation in the system.

J T
14th May 2007, 16:53
The loft was very warm and dry so shouldn't be condensation (it could be, but unlikely I suppose) so a dry joint sounds very possible. I did the old flexing the case trick as I heard it can help the chips fall back into their seat if they have popped out slightly - but then somone else said that this was a bit of a myth.

Either way, I'm not overly fussed at the moment, I have UAE fo any pressing Ami needs. Maybe I'll open it up and have a look but the chances are I'd struggle to find a problem let alone fix it.

Harrison
14th May 2007, 17:00
The old case flexing trick was for the Atari ST, and did often work. Mine got a bit flaky towards the end of its life and that did often get it to work.

fudster
15th June 2007, 15:52
I still have my Amiga 2000 and 2500

Which I will never sell.

Franco

Sharingan
2nd July 2007, 15:09
Still have an A500, and A1200 w/ 120 MB harddrive somewhere. I haven't touched either of them in a looong time (and I seriously doubt they even work anymore), but I'm tempted to give them a try again one of these days.

Then, there's the problem of the floppy disks - still have boxes full of them, but I bet at least 90% of them have become unreadable by now :)

Harrison
2nd July 2007, 15:11
You might be surprised. Most of my old disks still work perfectly and I bet at leas the A1200 still works. The A500 might, but they tend to suffer a bit more and have some motherboard or chip issues.

Puni/Void
3rd July 2007, 18:53
Sharingan wrote:

Then, there's the problem of the floppy disks - still have boxes full of them, but I bet at least 90% of them have become unreadable by now

Hi Sharingan,

Do you have any old obscure demos, packs, intros or any other demoscene related stuff in those boxes? Would be very interested to hear about it. ;)

Sharingan
3rd July 2007, 19:37
Do you have any old obscure demos, packs, intros or any other demoscene related stuff in those boxes? Would be very interested to hear about it. ;)

I'd have to dig through my stash one of these days to take a looksee. I wasn't particularly into collecting demos - the only group I collected stuff from was Andromeda (if I remember the name alright). I might be surprised at what I have lingering about though :)

Teho
3rd July 2007, 20:33
Completely off topic, but if you were interested in Andromeda back in the day then you might like to know they made a comeback this year, releasing a PC demo called Noumenon which came second at Breakpoint back during easter. That's their first production released ever since Nexus 7 in '94. And it's the original members that's behind it too, not just new guys borrowing an old name. Have a look (http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=30253), it's pretty good.

Puni/Void
3rd July 2007, 20:53
It's great news that Andromeda is back again. The breakpoint demo was very good and it seems like the audience thought the same, as it received a second place in the competition. A funny thing though; If one takes a look at the results from Breakpoint 2007 for example, you can quickly see many of the old Amiga groups participating (and dominating!) in the PC demo competition. Farbrausch, with old Amiga coder Chaos, won the compo. Second place went to Andromeda, one of the best Amiga groups of all time. You've also got Brainstorm on the 4th place, while Nuance on 7th, Loonies from Denmark on the 8th and Anadune from Poland on the 9th place. A bit Amiga domination in the compo for sure. :D

Anyway, wish Andromeda would release something for the Amiga in the style of Nexus 7.

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 20:58
I don't like PC demos very much, as nowadays everything is technically possible in demos, meaning it's just like painting a picture and the most beautiful one wins.

Puni/Void
3rd July 2007, 21:05
You are right about that. The PC's are so powerful these days, that it isn't really making the most out of the machine that counts or stretching it to its limits. You can clearly see that in the PC demos. Seems groups are focusing a whole lot more on design, but the effects remains pretty much the same as a few years ago. It is totally different on the C64. Barriers are broken even today!! I read some new on C64 demosite, and there was actually a sprite-barrier or something that had been broken this year. Truly amazing and an example of what democrews can be capable of. The ZX Spectrum scene is also incredly good - have seen a lot of prods through emulator, and its amazing what they can get out of the old machine.

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 21:15
Getting out the most of a 8 or 16 bit machine is the real challenge, and that is what I really enjoy and like to see. But some PC demos are nicely done, cannot moan about that. But I still prefer a 3 level scrolling over PC power graphics demos.

Teho
3rd July 2007, 21:22
This is exactly why Noumenon is so good though. It is made in the style of the old days, showing of some neat coding tricks instead of focusing totally on design like modern PC demos. That screenshot on Pouet you see if you follow the earlier link for example is an infinite 3D zoomer. It keeps going and going forever into that object. Pretty impressive to look at, and there are several more effects in it that are pretty cool ideas as well.

You do need a pretty powerful PC for it run good though.

Harrison
4th July 2007, 01:42
I really liked Noumenon and the infinite 3D fractal zoom was a fascinating section of the demo.

As for PC demos compared to the scene on older 8 and 16 bit systems. I am as much a fan of the PC demo scene as I am of the Amiga and other older systems.

While it is true that today's PCs are very powerful compared to older machines it does allow for something different. With older systems the amazement and fun comes from seeing some effects created by pushing the hardware beyond what was thought possible. The recent translation of am Amiga demo to the C64 is a good example of this and that really did blow me away by how much they managed to retain of the original Amiga version. In comparison PC productions can instead explore imagination and creativity and allows the groups to explore their thoughts and ideas fully without too many restrictions.

However I do still believe there is still a boundary with the PC as the hardware can be pushed to the limit if tried and some amazing particle and 3D effects can be created which look amazing.

The Demo Scene on any platform is for me true moving art, Much more so than games or any other visual and audio based form on a computer.

toomanymikes
6th August 2007, 20:42
I own an A600 but the disk drive has let me down. I have previously owned an A500 and a CD32 but now im on the lookout for an A1200

Blue Jedi
7th August 2007, 15:04
I still have my Amiag 600 and all the games and bug controller.
And I have a PC and I have Monkey Island Bounter Pack for PC.
But I also play Monkey Island 2 on Amiga 600.

FOL
18th August 2007, 14:33
I got rid of my A500 and A600HD, now have 2 x CD32 (blew 1 up, trying to stuff SX1 inside it) and an A1200, with CF as HD, CDROM (stuffed in back) and 68882, 8MB mem.

Got a Dual Core Athlon setup (PC), mainly used for deving now.

santafe37
20th August 2007, 17:01
The Amiga 500 was my first Amiga computer.
Today I have two Amiga 1200 computers and two PCs.
My Amiga is almost like new condition. I take very good
my of computers. The Amiga 1200 I use the most is in
D-Box 1200 3.4 Hard drive and cdrom Mediator 1200SX
Apollo 1230 with 32MB fast ram. Voodoo 3 3000 PCI
video card/Soundblaster/Pixelview TV turner Spider USB 2.0.
My list can go on and on but I do not to boar anybody.

Harrison
20th August 2007, 17:17
It would be great to hear more about your tower A1200 santafe37. Do you have any pictures?

FOL
20th August 2007, 18:40
Look out, Harrison is after Hardware pron, ;)

TiredOfLife
20th August 2007, 20:56
@Harrison

My tower currently has one side removed exposing all the boards inside.
I can take a picture of that if you want.
As they say, whatever floats your boat.

Harrison
21st August 2007, 00:11
Just thought it would be great to get some pictures of A1200 tower conversions that I can then use for the main site's hardware section. Should inspire others to want to do the same, especially if the images include the full spec, with information about each piece of hardware used.

The one thing that is very hard to find anything about online is A1200 tower conversions.

TiredOfLife
21st August 2007, 01:12
There are some basic guides on Aminet, if memory serves.
It all depends on how much you are prepared to do yourself.
Using all standed PC stuff is cheaper but harder.

Bloodwych
31st August 2007, 17:30
Yep got an A1200 around the place with ClassicWB on. Great for the occasional game or nostalgia trip.

A PC is just an evil necessity though - they're far too convenient and cheap not to have at least one, plus the emulators available are fantastic.

rbelk
19th October 2007, 15:34
My trusty Amiga 3000 system, and a dual 800mhz cpu's/512meg ram Ubuntu Linux system.

toomanymikes
5th November 2007, 13:30
@Harrison

My tower currently has one side removed exposing all the boards inside.
I can take a picture of that if you want.
As they say, whatever floats your boat.

Partially out of dress eh? Kinky!;)

Harrison
5th November 2007, 13:37
I think we will eventually have to have a XXX rated section on the site at this rate! So many Amiga's with exposed parts we will have to introduce some censorship to the site. ;)

TiredOfLife
5th November 2007, 14:12
Give em a glimpse to keep em curious.;)

sarek2k
21st December 2007, 03:31
I have an A1200 plus 1 to fix up a c64 with 1541 mkII disk drive, several pc's 1 xbox 1 ps2!

Graham Humphrey
28th December 2007, 10:31
I have an A1200 I use regularly which has an Apollo 040 card with 32MB Fast RAM, a 2.1GB hard drive and a Squirrel SCSI PCMCIA adaptor with a CD-ROM drive.

Also I have a couple of other broken A1200s (one of which I nicked the floppy drive out of when the one in my current 1200 stopped working) and an A500+ which also went on strike a few years ago.

Stainy
28th December 2007, 12:03
Got a few A500`s including my original A500 from 1987!
A1200 with a hdd.. which I cloned and now use in Winuae..

Got a nice Amiga on my GP2x ;)

Harrison
28th December 2007, 17:02
I've heard the Amiga emulation on the GP2x is pretty good. Does it run quite fast with good sound emulation? I use the Amiga emulator on the PSP and that runs a lot of stuff at full speed now but still does suffer from some slowdown in specific games.

Quagmire
9th January 2008, 18:06
Just an A3000, A2000, CDTV and an early A500 with KS 1.2 :D

My main machine is a Apple mac Quad G5 which I use for Logic pro Audio work.

eroom
30th March 2008, 09:22
See my sig.
I only use the 1200 and 3000 on a daily basis though.
And probably one of the 500's once a month, sometimes prefer using the real thing as opposed to starting winuae for some retro gaming :thumbs:.

Paul.

Puni/Void
30th March 2008, 14:59
That's a nice collection of Amiga machines, Eroom. :) Do you have any expansions for the 1200 and 3000?

eroom
2nd April 2008, 16:03
I've got a few pg...
The a1200 has a blizzard 1240 card, subway usb, internal scandoubler, internal cd drive, buffered ide interface and a 4gb hard drive.

I've only just got the a3000 so am part way through a refurb but at the moment its got a Cybervision 643d card, ram expansion and a buddha card which connects to a 40gb hard drive and a cdrom.
Oh and a very talented person off another amiga forum is making me a simm adaptor for a full 16mb of ram.

All my other machines are more or less standard.

I just love messing about with amigas.

Cheers. :thumbs:
Paul.

Puni/Void
6th April 2008, 09:38
I've got a few pg...
The a1200 has a blizzard 1240 card, subway usb, internal scandoubler, internal cd drive, buffered ide interface and a 4gb hard drive.

I've only just got the a3000 so am part way through a refurb but at the moment its got a Cybervision 643d card, ram expansion and a buddha card which connects to a 40gb hard drive and a cdrom.
Oh and a very talented person off another amiga forum is making me a simm adaptor for a full 16mb of ram.

I see that your 1200 has a lot of expansions, which includes the Subway USB controller. Was this controller easy to install, and is it stable and reliable? Would love to have USB on my Amiga, as it would be much easier to use cheap hardware for various tasks. ;)

eroom
6th April 2008, 14:09
I see that your 1200 has a lot of expansions, which includes the Subway USB controller. Was this controller easy to install, and is it stable and reliable? Would love to have USB on my Amiga, as it would be much easier to use cheap hardware for various tasks. ;)It was easy to install, the only thing you got to make sure of is that your 1200 has got a compatible clockport i.e. either all of it or just the right side of it.
My 1200 had the full clockport so i had to bend a few pins out the way to get the subway connector on.

And in use I have found it to be stable and reliable, transfering files between my pc and the 1200 has never been easier :)

Cheers. :thumbs:

Paul.

Puni/Void
6th April 2008, 16:10
@Eroom

It was easy to install, the only thing you got to make sure of is that your 1200 has got a compatible clockport i.e. either all of it or just the right side of it.
My 1200 had the full clockport so i had to bend a few pins out the way to get the subway connector on.

And in use I have found it to be stable and reliable, transfering files between my pc and the 1200 has never been easier

Thanks for the info concerning the Subway USB, Eroom. Is it compatible with most USB hardware, or are there some stuff that doesn't work?

eroom
8th April 2008, 16:51
The only things I've tried it with are mice and flash drives which of the ones that I tried all work perfectly.

The difference in transfering files from my pc to the 1200 via the flash drive instead of burning a disc etc is worth the price of the subway alone :D.

Cant try anything else at the moment as i've got the 1200 in bits trying to figure out how to add some extra cooling for the 040.

Cheers :thumbs:
Paul.

Harrison
8th April 2008, 16:59
The 040 is quite hard to provide adequate cooling for when installed in a standard desktop A1200 case. I remember many people used to raise the system up higher on some legs to give more air flow under the case, and install a case fan in the trapdoor.

Buleste
8th April 2008, 21:16
The guy i bought my PPC board from added a heatsink and a fan onto the 040 chip which added about 2 inches so it could never fit into a desktop at all but it never overheats. I do remember when i did have a desktop and an 040 that it was almost unusable due to the overheating.

Puni/Void
9th April 2008, 20:38
@Harrison

The 040 is quite hard to provide adequate cooling for when installed in a standard desktop A1200 case. I remember many people used to raise the system up higher on some legs to give more air flow under the case, and install a case fan in the trapdoor.

This is all very familiar to me, as I was in the exact same situation. Tried the thing you mentioned with raising the computer on legs to provide air flow, and if I remember correctly, it helped a bit. Did also use a small fan for a while, which was attached to the turbo-card. The problem was that it was incredibly loud, and I just couldn't bare having it installed over time.

Cortona
10th September 2008, 20:23
For the record, I still have my A1200 with the willfully uncooperative floppy drives. I gave up my PC for a G5 iMac (does that make me a wa*ker?) I'd have another PC if I had the room, just for games and emulators. One day...

woody.cool
10th September 2008, 22:39
I still own my original Amigas and have bought others over the years. I have the following Amigas:

A500
A500+ (in state of repair at the mo - I had this since new from back in '88)
A600
A600HD
A1200
A1200 in power tower
A1500 (DEAD :( - but OK for spares & repairs)
A2000 (early NTSC model)
CD32

and I also own several PCs.

Harrison
10th September 2008, 23:31

I thought the A500+ was only released in 1990/91? Commodore first started to sell them secretly with them appearing instead of the standard A500 in the same packaging so many new owners were quite surprised when they opened up their new Amiga to find an updated version.

woody.cool
11th September 2008, 17:29
I may of got the year wrong!!!!
I know I got it before I was 11 - so maybe 90/91 is about right. My memory is sketchy - too much alocohol and ......... WHOOPS! I don't think I should reveal that one;)

Harrison
11th September 2008, 17:31
:lol: As long as the flashbacks are good ones! ;)

Anemos
11th November 2008, 23:52
hello all
i use PC for web, and Amiga for games :D

Harrison
12th November 2008, 03:27
Hi Anemos and welcome :thumbs:

I think you summed up what a lot of use do. ;)

Demon Cleaner
12th November 2008, 09:01
I think you summed up what a lot of us do. ;)Sadly I'm not playing on the Amiga anymore, only use emulation :(

Anyways, welcome to our boards Anemos :thumbs:

Anemos
12th November 2008, 12:25
i have 2X A1200 :)
one of A1200 is very near to PC ,except me,all my family wants to play Amiga!
my woman like play Deluxe Galaga ,my daughter Arkanoid !

OzNoG
23rd November 2008, 12:50
I have an Amiga A500+ with HD and 2x A1200s with HD + CD Rom all in still working order.:tease:

woody.cool
23rd November 2008, 16:58
I still own my original Amigas and have bought others over the years. I have the following Amigas:

A500
A600
A600HD
A1200
A1200 in power tower
A1500 (DEAD :( - but OK for spares & repairs)
A2000 (early NTSC model)
CD32

and I also own several PCs.
There's new additions to the list:

Two more A500s - one of which is an OCS machine, with 0.5MB CHIP RAM, RED power LED and Kickstart 1.2 - so a rare (ish) early model - taking me up to owning 3x A500s
Also, I've now got an A3000 (LUSH! :) )
The A500+ is now repaired and restored back to it's former glory!

Harrison
24th November 2008, 15:10
one of which is an OCS machine, with 0.5MB CHIP RAM, RED power LED and Kickstart 1.2 - so a rare (ish) early model

Has it also got the [C=] Commodore key to the left of the space bar instead of the bold [A] Amiga key? I've also got one of those. Was sent it for free ages ago in mint condition in it's original box with all manuals, disks and packaging.

woody.cool
8th December 2008, 17:11
one of which is an OCS machine, with 0.5MB CHIP RAM, RED power LED and Kickstart 1.2 - so a rare (ish) early model

Has it also got the [C=] Commodore key to the left of the space bar instead of the bold [A] Amiga key? I've also got one of those. Was sent it for free ages ago in mint condition in it's original box with all manuals, disks and packaging.

Yep. It has the C= keys instead of the A keys.
Unfortunately, the keyboard is a little iffy, the processor in the keyboard sometimes crashes and then the keyboard stops working until a cold boot. This can be told by the fact that the Caps Lock light is flashing on and off, but I'm reluctant to replace it, as it's a rare (ish) model.

Harrison
8th December 2008, 17:14
You could always replace the keyboard, but swap the unique keys over.

woody.cool
8th December 2008, 19:28
You could always replace the keyboard, but swap the unique keys over.

But then I'd lose the red power LED as the LEDs are part of the keyboard.

Harrison
8th December 2008, 22:53
You could also swap the LEDs over.

woody.cool
9th December 2008, 07:48
True. I'll investigate this.

clamiga56
10th December 2008, 16:55
I currently own at least one of every Amiga model produced (not counting models that used the same mobo and case, but had a different CPU and model name like the A1500 & A2500), AND an EFIKA running MorphOS2.1 registered for my "Next-Gen" Amiga-Like experience fix, and a Dell XPS630 Core2Duo Extreme Quad Core 3.0GHz PC booting XP Pro SP3 and Vista Ultimate plus Colanto's Amiga Forever 2008 and AmiKit for emulation goodness, AND lastly, a MacBook w/Core2Duo @2GHz booting MacOSX 10.5 Leopard and Windows XP Pro with Amiga Forever 2008 and AmiKit for Amiga emulation that goes every where I go.

Zillatron
11th January 2009, 16:33
I own 3 A500's, one A2000 and one A1200, all still in working condition

Niagara
11th January 2009, 20:51
My signature says it all. ;-)

Rossi
12th January 2009, 11:29
12 A500's different setups
3 A 1200 different setups
5 a2000's different setups
And a lot of hardware en software.
Repair module org. Commodore for a500 and a2000.

2 Commodore PC's , PC40III 286-12mhz , PC 486 dx 100mhz .

And a lot of PC's , pentium 1 , 2 , 3 , 4, AMD , Celeron .

Harrison
11th February 2009, 00:08
12 A500s? That's mad. Do you use them all? I have 3 A500's and don't even use all of them! :lol:

KatManDEW
4th March 2009, 19:55
I have 1 A1000, 3 A2000's, and one A1200.

Harrison
4th March 2009, 23:25
Are they upgraded KatManDEW?

coze
27th April 2009, 05:44
I have two A500+'s one with A530, one with derringer 030. One A3000 with CV64 and X-Surf (which is my main miggy), one A4000 with CSPPC, X-Surf, CVPPC, Delfina Lite. This is a beast but it's not being used much now, I'm waiting to get a indivision4000 for it. I have a A600 in a custom PC case and finally a A1200 with blizzard 1220. Unfortunately it doesn't have a keyboard at the moment :( That's one of the items in my shopping list. (A500 keyboard)

Harrison
27th April 2009, 14:36
Some nice setups Coze. I haven't used my A4000 much recently either. I tend to just fire up my A1200 as I mainly run real Amigas for gaming these days via WHDLoad and ClassicWB.

coze
27th April 2009, 15:09
actually, one of the reasons that A3000 is getting more use is A3000 has Classic Workbench installed and A4000 has OS 3.9 and OS 4.0 classic. Classic Workbench is much more useful (well for gaming and basic browsing/downloading) than the other two.

Darn you Bloodwych you killed my A4000 ! :lol:
Actually I have the Cwb OS 3.9 package, and I set it up in WinUAE too, but haven't gotten around to getting it on the A4000. Or did I :unsure: I really should fire up that miggy and see what's going on :p (just no time)

Bloodwych
15th June 2009, 11:18
Sorry coze. Your A4000 will be putting a price on my head. Quickly give it some use or I'm in for it from some silent assassin! :ninja:

Shoonay
15th June 2009, 11:18
Of course I still have my precious first Amiga 600 I got on the 19 november of 1993, plus 2 x 1200's "saved" from my friends from back-in-the-days that have no idea how fun it still is. :thumbs:
Plus a PC.

outlawal2
16th October 2009, 19:33
Yes I do own an Amiga.. (Just recently picked up a 2000HD just like the one I had as a teenager!)
Along with this machine I have 5 PC desktop machines with various versions of Windows on them... Everything from 98 all the way to Vista... Several multiboot boxes in there that have Various flavors of Linux on them... My current favorite is Ubuntu Studio.. Jaunty Jackalope... Pretty good stuff Jaunty is!

I also have 4 or 5 laptops also with different flavors of Windows and one with SLES11 on it just for the Hell of it...

On the MAC side of things I have two MACS.. Both of them older PPC boxes (Can pick these up fairly cheap) One is a 450MHZ Graphite PowerMAC and the other a newer dual-processor PowerMac with the aluminum chassis... NICE

All of the above-mentioned machines are networked together in an AD domain with support for Samba so I can still use/see/share files with the Linux boxes as well as the MACS.

I also have one lonely MorphOS Efika box that I can't seem to get connected to the network. (Trying to setup Samba on this box is a BITCH and getting usable documentation is nearly impossible...)

And now one lonely Amiga that I just ordered a new flicker fixer for... Eventually want to update this machine so I can run Amiga OS 3.5 and connect it to the rest of my network, but THAT is quite a ways down the road... :thumbs:

trahald
26th December 2009, 13:17
CDTV - 1MB Fast
A1200 - HDD, Cd-Rom, 8MB Fast, 68030 with 68882

2 PC's, 2 MAC's (PPC and Intel)

Oh, and Spectrum+ remade into 128 and the floppy

rbusa
26th December 2009, 18:03
A500 with 68k and 512k Slow

Cammy
2nd January 2010, 08:20
I own mostly Amigas but I also own an Aros netbook, which is a PC but it doesn't have Windows on it!

Harrison
5th January 2010, 16:35
I have loads of spare PCs, and I did run through the AROS hardware support list and do have all supported hardware for the OS, so I really should build a dedicated AROS box to play around with the OS properly. At the moment I've just got it installed as a virtual machine on my main emulation PC.

Puni/Void
20th February 2010, 13:16
AROS has seen a lot of progress during the last couple of years. Now they even have two "official" computers for the system. The iMica and the Ares ONE. Good to see that the development continues. Seems like there is a lot happening in the world of Amiga these days.

As for myself, I'm still using the Amiga. Right now I'm posting this using a SAM440EP and AmigaOS 4.1.1. :thumbs: The motherboard is housed in a small mini-ITX case with a big SATA HD, DVD and a wireless network card. Works like a charm. :cool: Accessing this forum through the Origyn Web Browser.

Phantom
6th March 2010, 12:32
I still have my own Amigas since my childhood of course. A1200, A4000, 2-3 years ago I acquired a CDTV and a CD32 for my wife ;).

optiguy
6th March 2010, 21:13
Two 1200's, three 500's, I also have a quad core hackintosh, my wifes dual core pc, and my lappy that I love (gateway p7805u) plus PSP and a PS3.

manni7rehal
24th June 2010, 21:29
Hi guys,

I have one amiga 500+, loads of pc's

Manni

RETROKING
21st April 2011, 12:15
yes i do own real amigas they are
2x a500's with the red led power light
2x a500's with normal green led power light
1 a500+ and 1 a600.

SamuraiCrow
22nd April 2011, 02:20
I've got an A1200, a Mac Mini running MacOSX, an old PowerMac G4 running MorphOS, and my dad has some Linux PC's that I use from time to time. No Windows PC's though.

PO15KA
16th July 2011, 04:31
A500, A600, A1200, A3000, A4000, CD32, CDTV and PC

RETROKING
11th August 2011, 15:22
Just got another a500,a600 and a1200 :)

merlinkv
19th August 2011, 14:12
Both PC & Amigas.....

Amigas now.... 1xA600, 1xA1200, 2xA4000, 1xSam440ep-Flex. :p

Amigas in "construction"... 1xA600, 1xA1200, 1xA4000 :p

PC's.. 2xBigTower, 3xMidTower, 2xNotebooks, 1xNetbook :p

More if money & time permits.... :lol:

Harrison
20th August 2011, 11:52
Nice collection merlinkv. What do you thin of the Same440ep-Flex? Was it worth the purchase? Do you actually us it much?

merlinkv
27th August 2011, 21:22
Hi Harrison,

Thanks for your kind words my friend. :)

Well, now is my only one OS 4.1 machine. I have also the 4.1 Classic, but after a lot of tests, I decide to abandon this idea and use only 1.3-3.x on my Classic Amigas.

The Sammy is a great machine and capable to navigate fast & smooth on Internet, make little office tasks and play great titles like Quake II, Descent FreeSpace and others at incredible fast speed & image quality.

The only negative point, for me, is the onboard sound...... but after the instalation of one SBLive 5.1 .... all my music (mp3 320kbps 44-48Khz) sounds "like a charm".... :)

Also I include this machine on my LAN and FTP apps and other apps works great...

Classic games?... Not problem, under WHDLoad and RUNIUAE all my games runs without probs....

In Amiga Words.... is a little beast :) and I use it everyday :)

Best wishes

merlinkv
27th August 2011, 21:29
Hi

I don't know.... I answered and appears a message like "your post need to be approved by one Moderator..." or something like that......

Teho
27th August 2011, 22:50
Well, that's that taken care of. ;)

Sorry merlin, there's a system in place here that picks up on some keywords in the first couple of posts a user makes that will hold up the post in the moderation queue. This is because of some trouble we've had with spambots. Sometimes it catches legit posts like yours now, but it's only active for the first few posts you make (since spambots rarely make more than two-three posts) so it probably won't happen to you again. Sorry about that.

protek
23rd June 2012, 22:20
Yes, an A4000, A1200 and A600.

Kin Hell
24th June 2012, 21:14
Big PC & A1200. Lot's of bits. Must do a sort out with Deb.

ChrisUnionNJ
26th June 2012, 17:30
I have a PC My own Build can't stand store bought..:lol:
3 Amiga 500's only 1 works
2 1000 both work
1 2000 works
1 600 works
1 1200 works
1 CDTV non working

Well that's my amiga's:thumbs:

:coffee:

Andrew1971
27th June 2012, 06:05
See my sig + 2 pc's, 2 old ibm laptops that's it for now:)
All amiga's work except floppy drive's in A600 + A1200.

rkauer
28th June 2012, 05:53
five or six A500, 2x A3000, 2x A2000, 2x A1200, 2x A600, 1x C64G, 1x VIC20, 3 or 4 PC (one is Amithlon).