PDA

View Full Version : Avatar hiscore view?

Harrison
8th May 2007, 11:24
Which would you prefer to see on the site?

Currently we have the following options:

1, The current hiscore view, showing a small game icon for each game the member holds a hiscore for. Downside of this is that as more scores are won by a member their posts get longer.

2, Trophy view. This shows a single little trophy icon under all members avatars who have a hiscore in at least one game. Hovering over the icon shows how many hiscores each member has. The downside of this is the lack of visual appeal. But equally we save a lot of post length.

3, Leave it as it is until the requestions options become available in a future version. I've requested, as have many other users of the arcade software, for settings to be added in a future version of the arcade for the following:

Ability to see the number of game icons that show under the member avatars, with a link to the rest.
A member's hiscores to be listed in their profile. The link to show all hiscores under the avatar could go to this part of the profile.

Demon Cleaner
8th May 2007, 12:45
Take the trophy view, and wait for new options to be added.

AlexJ
8th May 2007, 15:31
b) followed by c) when it becomes available

Submeg
9th May 2007, 02:15
I said wait, but in the meantime we could change it to the trophy to save space

J T
12th May 2007, 19:21
Take the trophy view, and wait for new options to be added.

b) followed by c) when it becomes available

:yesyes:

I'd agree with these

Harrison
14th May 2007, 13:51
OK everyone. Thanks for the views. I will switch it over to the trophy view today and hope that the developers will add additional options soon that will allow the showing of a select number of game icons.

Submeg
14th May 2007, 21:51
Ah, its cleaner, but somehow, I feel naked. :blink: Nah, looks sweet!

Demon Cleaner
15th May 2007, 06:12
Yep, it should display a number showing how many high scores you have. At least with this view, we both are equal scorers ;)

Harrison
15th May 2007, 10:17
Well, it does display how many hiscores you have when you hover over the trophy. I agree that it should really display the actual number next to it though and am going to try and hack the code so it does.

Submeg
16th May 2007, 00:33
Cool cool! Much neater now ;)