PDA

View Full Version : Arcade control panels

Demon Cleaner
7th May 2007, 18:23
I got some arcade control panels from a friend, someone interested?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/arcade.png

Harrison
8th May 2007, 12:06
Where did he get them from?

From the picture some of them look quite scratched and battered, but you could easily use them as donor units to make a cool MAME cabinet control panel.

It's not actually too hard to do that either. Just buy an i-pac interface to connect the PC to the board, use one of the arcade panels as the donor board that will be used to mount the controls for the new layout, take the best switches and jotsticks from the panels, drill the holes, mount the switches and joysticks and wire them to the i-pac and you are done.

Demon Cleaner
8th May 2007, 13:03
The 6 panels in the middle are all new, and 2 of the blue ones too. I already found a guy at Arcadeinfo (forum) who is interested in buying the 2 blue ones.

Submeg
9th May 2007, 02:17
They are still in plastic, thats why they looked scratched

Harrison
9th May 2007, 09:07
Yeah, I could see that as soon as DC said they were.

Not sure how much use that steering wheel controller is without a wheel though. :lol:

BTW, DC. Do you know what wiring harness they have on them? What cabinet/make of board (Jamma) they are for?

Demon Cleaner
9th May 2007, 13:01
BTW, DC. Do you know what wiring harness they have on them? What cabinet/make of board (Jamma) they are for?Actually I don't know that. I'm not into the whole stuff, as I have haven't done any researches about Jamma & Co., because I still have to wait until I build my own cabinet.