PDA

View Full Version : Jetstrike in Winuae

Toasty667
4th May 2007, 14:03
I'm prob being stupid but I cant find the part of the forum where to request help on getting games in Winuae to work. Having a problem with Jetstrike with the graphics becoming discoloured and blocked out and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction configuration wise. I'll be keeping at it, as if landing wasnt hard enough lol.

Harrison
4th May 2007, 15:48
I've not got time to test the game at the moment but the section of the WinUAE properties you may like to experiment with is in the chipset section.

Often graphical glitches or breakup are caused by the default collision detection and other custom chip settings in the emulator not emulating something the game requires on the standard settings. By default the collision detection is set to sprites and playfield. Try changing that to full.

If that doesn't fix it on its own then also try the Immediate blitter and cyle exact cpu and blitter options. And finally if you still have problems try using the ECS Agnus and then Full ECS options.

The other cause of graphical problems in WinUAE can be due to emulating an Amiga that is too new. If none of the above works try changing the kickstart to different versions. If you are running 1.3 try 1.2 and then 2.04 and see if that helps.

Hope you get it to work.

Demon Cleaner
4th May 2007, 15:50
I'm prob being stupid but I cant find the part of the forum where to request help on getting games in Winuae to work.Well, you're in the right section I guess, it says WinUAE settings ;) (unless someone already moved the post).

I had a similar problem lately, and switching kickstart did help.

J T
4th May 2007, 16:07
I'm sure I've heard that Jetstrike is one of the tricky ones to emulate, but I can't remember where.

It was a pretty neat game, but I used to just mess about on the demo blowing shit up :ninja:

Harrison
4th May 2007, 16:16
I also never got too involved with the game either and tended to just fly about shooting everything I could before I died. Maybe I should play it again and actually try to play the game as intended. :lol:

Demon Cleaner
4th May 2007, 18:31
Never tried it, and I don't even know it. I'm gonna give it a test on Monday.

Toasty667
7th May 2007, 19:57
It's great fun. The air olympics I always beat my mate at and the what if mode pits Biplanes up against F-16's etc.

Harrison
8th May 2007, 11:28
Did you manage to get the game to work in the end?

Toasty667
8th May 2007, 11:37
I've been so busy I havn't tried. But I'll set some time aside tonight to try out the suggestions.

Demon Cleaner
8th May 2007, 12:42
I have the AGA version too, I will test both versions this afternoon and let you know if I got it working.

Harrison
8th May 2007, 12:54
I quickly tested JetStrike and initially got the same as you using a standard A500 KS1.3 setup. The background graphics were messed up with corrupted blocks instead of the sky.

I then tested it with a standard A500+ setup and it worked. Just set the Quickstart menu to A500+ with basic non-expanded configuration and it should work perfectly.

Toasty667
8th May 2007, 13:02
Cheers mate! Now all I need worry about is the landing gear....

Demon Cleaner
8th May 2007, 15:18
I just tested the game, and it worked fine with standard config A500 - 1.3ROM 512KB chip + 512KB slow RAM. Only got a guru meditation when loading new weapons, which I didn't get when using the A500+ non expanded config. Also took the time to make screenshots, so I'll post them soon.

Harrison
8th May 2007, 15:32
Were the sky backgrounds ok in game when you tested it with A500 KS1.3 setup? When I tested it with that config all of the backgrounds were really messed up, although the game did play OK and you just couldn't see anything flying other than your own plane. I never got a guru error with the A500 setup, just the messed up backgrounds.

The A500+ KS2.04 setup is definitely the configuration to use then.

Demon Cleaner
8th May 2007, 17:31
Backgrounds were just fine, as you'll see on the screenshots I made.