PDA

View Full Version : Reason

TiredOfLife
1st May 2007, 16:17
The two big kids in class are fighting.
Some other kids are trying to calm down the pair.
Other kids are taking sides.
If you are interested in Amiga Inc and Hyperion talking to each other without the use of lawyers, have a look at the link below.
Cheers.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/amiga/index.html

AlexJ
1st May 2007, 16:24
I find bits of Amiga Inc.'s case (http://www.merlancia.us/amiga-hyperion/decmcewenshow_case_doc.pdf) very funny to read:

Selected quotes:

"Amiga identified an opportunity to help achieve its goal of re-emerging as an industry leader"

"Amiga's revamped business plan to return as a major, if not the top, player in the computer industry"

"...prevent Amiga from capitilizing on the opportunity to re-establish itself as a leader in the computing world"

What the hell are they smoking at Amiga HQ these days?!?

Stephen Coates
1st May 2007, 17:22
Already signed it.

I think Amiga do have a good case against Hyperion but I think they should just accept the fact that Hyperion have made a nice product regardless of whether it went against the contract or not.

Harrison
1st May 2007, 17:31
They definitely do seem under some large illusions to think they could easily position the relaunch of any Amiga product straight in as a potential market leader. The current systems in the marketplace are well entrenched in their sectors for anyone to suddenly be able to insert a completely new machine (it will be new to many considering the Amiga has been out of the mainstream marketplace for over 10 years).

TiredOfLife
1st May 2007, 19:00
There is a lot more to it than the points above.
Have trawled through all kinds of Amiga Inc statements.
They are not only smoking put popping pills and injecting.
They may have some valid points where Hyperion is concerned but some of the other stuff is unreal.
No need to watch sopas anymore.

J T
4th May 2007, 15:00
The two big kids in class are fighting.
Some other kids are trying to calm down the pair.
Other kids are taking sides.

Others are just standing around in a circle yelling FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

OK, just me then :rolleyes:

Submeg
4th May 2007, 22:38
Nope I'll join in!lol