PDA

View Full Version : Having surgery 16th of March

Demon Cleaner
1st March 2017, 12:56
I mentioned that I don't have so much time to play games, although I still can manage to play enough, I just wanted to mention that I will have some time soon.

I already had a back operation (disc prolapse) in 1990, since then my back is regularly hurting, nothing too bad, but annoying nonetheless. Got worse with the years, and the discs above and below the one concerned, are now also already pretty damaged.

But since approx. 10 month, my toes and half of my right foot are numb, so I went to MR imaging (end of November), and indeed, the discs are almost none existing anymore, plus the nerve is infected and wrapped in cartilage, thus the numbness in my foot, and meanwhile also lower leg and knee. Sometimes the pain is just unbearable and I have to stay home, as I can't sit, walk or stand.

Went to neurologist, nerve is still working, still sending the signal, so it's not damaged yet, but has to be treated, otherwise this could stay for my whole life.

Did infiltration (cortisone injection) to the nerve, usually lasts for 4-6 months, helped 3 days for me, then the pain and numbness were back.

Then the doctor told me that there is only one solution, we need to fix the back. So I got appointment to be in hospital the 15th of March and the operation will be the next day, 16th of March.

They will put one metal bar attached to 8 screws fixed on 4 vertebra. Operation takes 5 hours and I will have to stay at least one week in hospital. After that comes recovery, which takes quite long. I will not go to work for 6 months, until mid September, and I will have to rest at home, meaning I will have all the time in the world to play games.

Kin Hell
1st March 2017, 13:14
Heck fella. Is that the same as having Vertebra fused together, to immobilize the damaged discs??

Demon Cleaner
1st March 2017, 15:33
Heck fella. Is that the same as having Vertebra fused together, to immobilize the damaged discs??
Don't know, I guess, kind of. It's basically to immobilize the damaged discs, so that the vertebra don't touch each other, or squeeze the nerve. They're not "fused" together, but I get your point.

My mobility will of course be reduced, but apparently not that much. Bending over will be limited, so that I can bend 10-15% less than now, but that's not so relevant, as you still CAN bend.

Harrison
1st March 2017, 22:47
That's quite a major operation on your back. Good luck and i will be thinking of you when you go in.

Much better to attempt to fix the issue now though, rather than just continue with the injections and other pain blocking short term fixes. I hope it works and you end up pain free.

So will you get full wages from your job for the whole 6 months? Will you have to do any work from home?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kin Hell
2nd March 2017, 08:57
Jeepers DC. I wish you all the luck with that one. Anything to do with the spine is serious shit! If it's any help for you not to worry, check this out....

I just had Surgery in a private dentist on Feb 28th @ 9am. After administering a Sedation, (not General Anesthetic) they removed my 7 last upper teeth, cut my gums, drilled 4 holes into my upper Jaw/skull, screwed some Swiss made implants in, stitched me up, screwed some abutments onto the Implants & then screwed in a Titanium Bridged Denture. I walked out with Deb driving me home @ 3.15pm with what they call "A One Day Smile", but I have to wait 3 months before they fit my final Denture which isn't yet finished. Stitches come out on March 13th.

Demon Cleaner
2nd March 2017, 13:53
Jeepers DC. I wish you all the luck with that one. Anything to do with the spine is serious shit! If it's any help for you not to worry, check this out....

I just had Surgery in a private dentist on Feb 28th @ 9am. After administering a Sedation, (not General Anesthetic) they removed my 7 last upper teeth, cut my gums, drilled 4 holes into my upper Jaw/skull, screwed some Swiss made implants in, stitched me up, screwed some abutments onto the Implants & then screwed in a Titanium Bridged Denture. I walked out with Deb driving me home @ 3.15pm with what they call "A One Day Smile", but I have to wait 3 months before they fit my final Denture which isn't yet finished. Stitches come out on March 13th.

Doesn't sound funny either :cry:

So will you get full wages from your job for the whole 6 months? Will you have to do any work from home?

Full wages, no work from home. Just relaxing plus reeducation. Plus the doctor said that if the recovery would somehow take even longer, he would write me off even longer. I'm government employee (state official), so I have quite a lot of advantages that others don't, I can f.ex. miss at work in a case of sickness for 52 weeks straight without any trouble, if you work in some private sector or public employee, after a certain time, f.ex. 26 weeks, your boss can kick you out of the company or just cause you trouble if he wants.

Kin Hell
2nd March 2017, 14:19

Doesn't sound funny either :cry:

Full wages, no work from home. Just relaxing plus reeducation. Plus the doctor said that if the recovery would somehow take even longer, he would write me off even longer. I'm government employee (state official), so I have quite a lot of advantages that others don't, I can f.ex. miss at work in a case of sickness for 52 weeks straight without any trouble, if you work in some private sector or public employee, after a certain time, f.ex. 26 weeks, your boss can kick you out of the company or just cause you trouble if he wants.

That's amazing DC. Sounds like you are working for a company that look after their workers to that degree. :thumbs:
Not many I know of here in the UK, unless you have private insurance. Bupa only pay you per night depending on the scheme you take out. When you read horror stories of a 93 year old guy being told by his GP that his visiting costs won't be covered by Bupa this time, despite the fact the 93 year old had just paid a £1,700.00 Premium to Bupa the day before why bother? :huh: :blink:

My crap started just before Xmas. Run down with my own back issues from May 1st 2016, I'd been in and out of work with numbness in my right toes, foot, lower & upper leg, knee, hip & right up to L4. Even my right bollock was having a tough time. :blink:
Just as I was about to return to work in early December 2016, I got a sinus infection & then watched my right tooth collapse into the crumbling Jaw bone once I'd got the infection cleared for a 10 Day do NOT drink Antibiotic. I've done quite well despite the hereditary Gum Disease on my mothers side. That and poor house keeping on my part I guess, but I had 15 teeth pulled in blocks of 5 from 2001 to 2006 & 4 of those were perfect wisdom, but useless with nothing to support against. Our teeth support themselves & when you loose one, the two each side will collapse in without support each side.

Before & 5 hours after surgery:

1136 1137

....I also have full use of my Leg again atm. :ninja:

Demon Cleaner
3rd March 2017, 09:19
Looks a lot better after :thumbs:

The bar with screws will cover L3, L4, L5 and S1.

Btw, the government is not a company ;) Anyway, you're always fully covered in Luxembourg when you have something bigger. Teeth of course is a different story, you pay about 80% from your own pocket, so you can do the math when you renew a lot of your teeth in one go, you're quite at 10.000€+.

Kin Hell
3rd March 2017, 12:15
Yes DC, same here. Government Job environments do offer nice cover, but it's an entirely different story in the private sector.

L3 to S1 is your last two Vertebra to your Pelvis. No wonder you are finding this difficult now. Thankfully, my MRI last November brought up nothing despite 6 months of absolute Agony & little sleep.

Convinced my teeth would still have been getting by if I hadn't been so run down & ending up with a Sinus infection from a cold. Prior to 10 days of Antibiotics, my right front tooth moved Sixty Thou (1.5mm) to my right. Never had a gap until early December.

Pics aren't the best quality, but thanks for the Thumb. :)

Everyone close to me say they look absolutely fantastic, so natural & suit my smile/fascial features. Still a couple of months to go yet, but so far, ......WOW!

Anyhow fella, be sure to keep us posted. After the trauma I've been through recently with my Back & Teeth, I sincerely extend my heart felt respect for you, now facing this new adventure in your life. There will be deep emotions, perhaps some you never realised you had. Concerns of procedure; - Failure of procedure; Concerns of recovery & long term health, all sprinkled again with more emotion thereafter.

Try & focus on the benefits of the procedure are going to put you right. Shut out the detail stuff unless you genuinely are interested. I was.....

Meantime fella, take it real easy & chill. :cool:

Demon Cleaner
3rd March 2017, 15:32
At the moment, I try not to think too much about the operation, I'm looking forward to be home for 6 months, playing games, watching movies and series, and working on my PC a bit. I'm trying not to worry too much, as otherwise I will make myself crazy. My girlfriend is momentarily more concerned than me, I'm looking at the bright side of it.

Went to the neurologist and anesthetists this morning, got my heart checked, which is fine. The nerve although is not reacting like it should, signals are way to slow, but there's not a lot of power left in my right leg.

Everything will be fine ;)

Puni/Void
4th March 2017, 18:37
Best of luck Demon. Hope everything will work out fine with the surgery and the recovery afterwards. :)

Kin Hell
4th March 2017, 22:52
At the moment, I try not to think too much about the operation, I'm looking forward to be home for 6 months, playing games, watching movies and series, and working on my PC a bit. I'm trying not to worry too much, as otherwise I will make myself crazy. My girlfriend is momentarily more concerned than me, I'm looking at the bright side of it.

Went to the neurologist and anesthetists this morning, got my heart checked, which is fine. The nerve although is not reacting like it should, signals are way to slow, but there's not a lot of power left in my right leg.

Everything will be fine ;)

Yes DC. Partners can take a harder clobbering than the one going through the operation. Deb was exactly the same & didn't calm down till today.

Are they hoping to stabilize the Nerve with this metal bar/brace to make the nerve more responsive?

J T
5th March 2017, 21:09
Best wishes DC, hope it fixes you up. My sister in law has back problems and she had surgery of some sort, it has really helped her.

What caused the original injury, do you know?

Demon Cleaner
6th March 2017, 10:18
Are they hoping to stabilize the Nerve with this metal bar/brace to make the nerve more responsive?
I have 3 discs that are barely existing, so it's almost that bone touches bone, causing obviously the pain. The problem with the nerve is another one, which happens to occur at the same time. I have an infection in the nerve and it's swollen. Plus cartilage has surrounded the nerve, that must be removed, otherwise the infection will not go away.

What caused the original injury, do you know?
I had a herniated disc back in 1990, came probably due of sports. I played handball, also national team for Luxembourg, thus I had almost every day training plus games plus tournaments plus sports camps. I was already 2m tall then, and I was only 18 years old, so basically everything came together.

Kin Hell
6th March 2017, 23:06
<snip>
I had a herniated disc back in 1990, came probably due of sports. I played handball, also national team for Luxembourg, thus I had almost every day training plus games plus tournaments plus sports camps. I was already 2m tall then, and I was only 18 years old, so basically everything came together.

Herniated Disc.... Like a twist/compression to the spine that completely trashes a pad in one go? Did you you ever fall real awkwardly whilst fielding?

Anything in your family tree with your height DC? :unsure: - I only ask, because I wouldn't have thought handball, as a "Sport", would or could destroy the lower back in a manner such as it has yours... Please excuse my reasoning here, but humping a wheelbarrow around all day with bricks in it definitely would & handball by comparison would be a walk in the park?

Again m8, please do excuse my Euphemisms. ;)

Demon Cleaner
7th March 2017, 10:09
I think that Handball is quite a rough sport, you get pushed, hit, pulled... all the time, depending which level you play, I don't mean the game you have once in school with your mates. Plus you're jumping all the time, obviously landing again, and not necessarily on your feet. Your back absorbs all that. Plus I was very young, and my body not fully developed yet. So do that for years.

Basically the disc moved out, so they had to cut parts of it away.

My father is 1.83m and my mom is 1.79m, so quite tall. I was 1.97m when I was 15, so you can imagine that I grew quite fast. At that time I only weighed 70kg though. With maturity I grew stronger and within 5 years, although growing only 3 more cm, I gained 30kg, leaving me at 100kg, which is perfect weight for my height. And so far I kept it, last 20 years didn't change much. I'm still quite "skinny" for my 2m, and majority of people don't even believe me that I put 100kg on the scale :)

Harrison
7th March 2017, 11:19
That is quite light for your height. Plus makes me feel quite short as I'm 1.8m tall.

Wish I remained the same weight for past 20 years. :lol: I'm considering starting weight training again and using a rowing machine. When I did that before I could eat anything and not put weight on, plus I had no asthma symptoms.

Tiago
7th March 2017, 12:10
wish you luck and fast recovery mate.

Kin Hell
9th March 2017, 11:24
I think that Handball is quite a rough sport, you get pushed, hit, pulled... all the time, depending which level you play, I don't mean the game you have once in school with your mates. Plus you're jumping all the time, obviously landing again, and not necessarily on your feet. Your back absorbs all that. Plus I was very young, and my body not fully developed yet. So do that for years.

Basically the disc moved out, so they had to cut parts of it away.

My father is 1.83m and my mom is 1.79m, so quite tall. I was 1.97m when I was 15, so you can imagine that I grew quite fast. At that time I only weighed 70kg though. With maturity I grew stronger and within 5 years, although growing only 3 more cm, I gained 30kg, leaving me at 100kg, which is perfect weight for my height. And so far I kept it, last 20 years didn't change much. I'm still quite "skinny" for my 2m, and majority of people don't even believe me that I put 100kg on the scale :)

So do you remember just one incident where you hurt your back proper, where your disc popped out.... or is it just years of throwing yourself around a playing field that adds up to the disc popping out?

Demon Cleaner
11th March 2017, 07:17
I guess it's just due to time, one morning I couldn't get out of bed and couldn't even walk. So I had to stay for 2 weeks like that before having the operation. Was quite bad. Never hurt my back during games or training, just happened like that,

Kin Hell
11th March 2017, 10:44
Just woke up like it! - WOW m8!! :blink:

Demon Cleaner
14th March 2017, 16:43
Ok, so not long anymore before I have to be in hospital, tomorrow at 15:30. Still working today, will leave in 30 minutes, then I will still enjoy my evening at home. Tomorrow morning I will then pack, and go to hospital, still down know what exact time the operation is on Thursday, I guess not too late, as I was told that the operation itself will take almost 5 hours.

Harrison
15th March 2017, 00:05
Good luck. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Demon Cleaner
15th March 2017, 11:59
Thanks to all of you, leaving in 1 hour to hospital, will be back as soon as possible ;)

Kin Hell
18th March 2017, 13:20
You're a couple of days on now DC. :)

Wishing you well fella & speak soon. :thumbs:

J T
21st March 2017, 03:44
Have you got any cool pics of the operation?

Hope you are well....

Demon Cleaner
24th March 2017, 07:24
Hey, finally home again, since yesterday.

Everything went really fine, at least the doctor said so :)

It is still quite painful, every movement hurts like hell. Getting up from the lying position is always a big task associated with pain. I have then to wear a corset, a real impressive one, that keeps me straight. Have to wear it when sitting, walking or just standing, and take it off to lie down. Good that our health insurance covers the costs, as it costs 800€.

Really painful is also lying in bed, and turning from one side to another, takes me every time 5 minutes and really hurts. Problem is that I can't lie on my back nor belly, thus I have to be on the side, which also brings up another problem. My hips are hurting because of lying down all the time. Therefore I have to change position from time to time, and I always hate when it comes to that moment. But it's already better now, I can sit down longer with the corset on, in the beginning I could sit at all, because after 10 seconds I got always so nauseous that I had to lie down again immediately. Anyway, changing the position from sitting to standing and vice versa is never funny.

After the operation, I had 4 Baxter in my left hand, plus one injection syringe in my right hand with morphine, so that I could trigger it whenever I felt too much pain, which was unfortunately 9-10/10 most of the time. Then I had 2 drains in my back for the blood, and 1 in my best part to pee. Imagine how well you could sleep!!

Looking forward to full recovery, which will obviously still take some time. At the moment a nurse will come every day for 1 month to change the bandages and give me an injection in the belly to prevent thrombosis. Will get the stitches removed the 4th of April, and have to do a radio again on the 18th of April, after that, the 25th I will start to go to kines-therapy for 32 sessions.

Have only to take painkillers and some antibiotics though, so nothing to worry about.

I have a nice scar on the back too, luckily it's where my oldest tattoos are, so the new stuff was left untouched ;)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/IMG_20170323_192136_zpsybqfjnia.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/user/cioprgr/media/IMG_20170323_192136_zpsybqfjnia.jpg.html)

Harrison
24th March 2017, 15:34
Ouch! That does look very painful. Fingers crossed it does finally fix the long term issues and the pain now was well worth it.

Great to hear from you and that the operation went well. Wishing you a fast recovery.

Kin Hell
25th March 2017, 10:51
Glad to hear all was well DC. Fully appreciate your predicament now you're on the road to recovery & hopefully, you're going be in better health when it's all over.

Just take it real easy fella & all the best. :thumbs:

Demon Cleaner
29th March 2017, 17:51
Got the stitches (agraffe) removed today already, had to go to the doc, as I still have a lot of pain, plus the bleeding wouldn't stop, and he decided to remove them, as it looks good.

He told me stop the injections 2 days ago, and that helped a lot, because it's meant to thin down the blood, and obviously I didn't need it, and it stopped the bleeding almost constantly within 2 days.

So the nurses don't need to do injections at all anymore, plus the bandages only have to be redone every 2nd day instead of every day. And only for 2-3 more times, if the bleeding is completely stopped.

I also only have one more blood test to do on Friday, can skip the 2 others.

Things getting slowly better, although I wish the pain would be reduced a bit moee, as sometimes it's just still unbearable.

Harrison
29th March 2017, 22:16
Great news. Sounds like things are progressing well.

Tiago
30th March 2017, 14:27
Keep up the recovery.
You should have time to play some games. You have a PS4? Did you try horizon zero dawn?

Demon Cleaner
30th March 2017, 17:00
I was playing Horizon until I went to hospital, really like it. At the moment I still can't play, as I cannot sit down for long time, nor can I lie on my back. So I played a bit Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, in which you can take your time, and don't need to hassle on your controller, it's kind of a visual novel with puzzle solving, quite interesting.

Later, I will have a LOT of time, as I'm staying home for 6 months.

Kin Hell
2nd April 2017, 08:40
Nice to hear you are recovering well DC. :)

Just rest & Juice or Smoothie up. - You'll recover quicker. :thumbs:

Demon Cleaner
2nd April 2017, 18:42
That's what I'm doing, perhaps a beer or two would speed up things ;)

J T
2nd April 2017, 23:11
Yikes! That picture, that's a big wound. I don't have any jokes to make about that...

That's what I'm doing, perhaps a beer or two would speed up things ;)

:cheers:

Kin Hell
17th April 2017, 15:56
Hiya DC. :)

You're a couple more weeks on now fella......

Is there more improvement yet for your comfortableness?

Demon Cleaner
17th April 2017, 19:02
Hey. Going a bit better, can lie on my back since 1 week, helps a lot to play games, plus my hips get a bit more rest, thus less pain. Turning around in bed has also become better, can turn from one side to another quite faster now.

Still hurting a lot when getting up, especially in the evening, mornings are always the best, also because the muscles are completely relaxed.

Walking and sitting are still the same, it's fine but not for too long.

Didn't think that the recovery was taking that long, but I guess it's quite normal. Next week on Tuesday I will start with the physiotherapy.

Harrison
18th April 2017, 15:55
That's great news. It hasn't been long so that's good, especially being able to lie on your back.

Demon Cleaner
18th April 2017, 16:25
Went to the doctor this morning, radio is fine, and he told me that from now on I can doing anything I want, like walking, biking, swimming and even drive a car, if it's not hurting. I can even take the big plastic chunk out of my corset so that it's less rigid, but that's up to me. I will still keep it a bit, as it helps me to be straight. Driving a car is anyway still not possible. Will still take some time though until I can do everything. If it hurts just stop he said :)

Kin Hell
20th April 2017, 22:12
That's really great news to hear DC & be as hydrated as you possibly can these coming months.

The more flushing you can make your body do, the faster the recovery....

Be frugal with beer and/or spirits. :guinness:

Demon Cleaner
21st April 2017, 09:31
Still didn't drink any alcohol so far, since 6 weeks. Also at work I eat usually some kind of salami, charcuterie or minced meat sandwiches, which I don't at the moment, I eat quite healthy, only thing I do, I eat more chocolate, always having my cup of coffee and piece of cake at 4 o'clock, like the elderly :lol:

Anyway, I considered myself having 5 kilos too much, had a little bit belly, well who doesn't at our age, but I lost already 7 kilos, leaving me at 97kg, perfect weight for me, belly is completely gone :thumbs: Have to keep up the chocolate, otherwise I might even lose more :D

Kin Hell
22nd April 2017, 09:02
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Harrison
26th April 2017, 12:37
Comes to something when you have to use chocolate as an excuse to stop you losing weight! So wish that was true for me. :lol:

Demon Cleaner
26th April 2017, 15:49
Went to physio for the first time yesterday, only got massages but I was hurtling quite a bit after that, plus almost the whole afternoon I was immobile. I went back to the doctor today, and he told me to stop straight away and postpone my appointments for 4-6 weeks, as it shouldn't hurt, and shouldn't head into the wrong direction. So I went there, cancelled some, and will now only go again the 6th of June.

Kin Hell
29th April 2017, 11:22
But if you're supposed to be having Physio (obvious reasoning) and it is hurting when it shouldn't, does that mean something is wrong or it just needs more time to recover before continuing Physio?? :hmmm:

In all fairness, it sounds rather inertly insensitive to your whole situation. :eyebrow:

Demon Cleaner
29th April 2017, 12:02
But if you're supposed to be having Physio (obvious reasoning) and it is hurting when it shouldn't, does that mean something is wrong or it just needs more time to recover before continuing Physio?? :hmmm:
Nothing is wrong, it's quite normal, recovery takes some time, also depending on the person, everybody is different. It means exactly that I have to recover still a bit more before starting Physio.

Kin Hell
30th April 2017, 13:47
That's good to hear D.C :thumbs:

What sort of Physio were they doing to you that was hurting?

Demon Cleaner
30th April 2017, 23:30
Only massages and electro therapy, nothing else, so you can imagine if that's already not good.

Kin Hell
2nd May 2017, 08:35
Just a bit "tender" then, which I guess is only to be expected after such an invasive procedure.

Are you fed up of playing games yet? :D

Demon Cleaner
2nd May 2017, 13:37
Are you fed up of playing games yet? :D
Hehe. I'm quite enjoying it :thumbs: Have still so much to play, and finally now I have time. Sometimes I watch movies or series, and animes, but that's more in the evening, or obviously with the missus.

Since yesterday I'm walking around and sit without my corset, and it's fine. It became again a bit better since 2 days ago, which I gladly welcome. Movement got a lot better already, which is really nice, and I can move without hurting too much.

Kin Hell
3rd May 2017, 12:51
Great stuff fella. :thumbs:

Harrison
4th May 2017, 09:05
That's great. What are you playing at the moment? Caught up on many RPGs?

Demon Cleaner
4th May 2017, 11:26
That's why I opened a What Are You Playing thread ;)

Tiago
4th May 2017, 12:28
Great news DC!

Kin Hell
4th June 2017, 07:05
Doesn't time fly....... Another month goes by already. :blink:

How are things going for you now DC? :)

Harrison
4th June 2017, 08:52
I was going to ask the same. Hope the healing is still going well and you are starting too see an improvement in your back.

Demon Cleaner
5th June 2017, 11:30
Well unfortunately I have to tell you that since 3 weeks it has again be the worst, really a lot of pain locally. Having again problems getting up when I lie down for more than 10 minutes. I went back to the doctor the other day, and he told me that it is sore, thus causing the pain at the moment, and position change is always the worst. He will do me an infiltration by the end of the month. Tomorrow I will start physio again, gonna see how that works out.

Kin Hell
5th June 2017, 14:18
In back terms, what is an infiltration DC?

Demon Cleaner
5th June 2017, 21:05
You get corticoid injected into the bone marrow, you can do that 2-3 times a year, helps usually to relieve the pain for a bit longer, although it's also a bit painful.

Kin Hell
11th June 2017, 14:30
Heck m8, I can only imagine. :blink:

Demon Cleaner
15th June 2017, 12:57
Today is the day.

After physio on Tuesday morning, I was hurting a lot like hell, couldn't even walk nor sit yesterday. So I called my doctor, got lucky, he was on holiday until yesterday, and when I called, he just came out of one of his visits, so I could directly talk to him.

He told me to stop again immediately with the physio, as it shouldn't hurt at all, and he will do me the infiltration. So I was lucky that some other patient canceled their appointment, so I can go today at 12:45, hopefully it will help.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Back home, went fine, the needle stays in your back for around one minute, as first there's some liquid from your back pulled inside, where it gets mixed with the cortisone fluid, and then it's injected slowly back in. Hurts, but it's manageable. Now I will have to wait a bit until it will develop its full effect and hope for it that it will be better. I will have a second one in 2 weeks in the joint of the other side.

Harrison
16th June 2017, 08:24
Hope it helps. Thinking of you during your recovery.

Demon Cleaner
17th June 2017, 11:28
Btw, what I have is called Arthrodesis, and I got it done on L3+L4+L5+S1. So you can google some pictures if you want, like HERE (https://www.google.com/search?q=Arthrodesis+L3%2BL4%2BL5%2BS1&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZwquk48TUAhUHfFAKHSS9Ap8Q_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=933).

Kin Hell
21st June 2017, 10:45
Hell DC..... I really hope this helps your recovery. :blink:

Best wishes fella. :thumbs:

Demon Cleaner
1st July 2017, 11:01
Got 2nd injection this week, still not helping, so I also got different painkillers, Arcoxia, already had them for other problems and they helped, so hopefully they'll work with this too. Took the first one today.

Harrison
2nd July 2017, 00:12
Hope that helps and for things to start hurting less in general.

J T
3rd July 2017, 05:28
Are there any, uh, herbal remedies that you could try?

I mean, you're home alone and playing a lot of video games so why not get baked as well :ninja:

Harrison
4th July 2017, 08:23
Lol its definitely meant to take the edge off.. baking I mean! ;-)

Demon Cleaner
4th July 2017, 08:50
Don't think that would help though :D

Kin Hell
4th July 2017, 09:26
:spliff: :spliff: :spliff:

Demon Cleaner
5th July 2017, 12:33
Here's my picture which I got last week.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/IMG_20170705_140131_zpsmlocpwqq.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/user/cioprgr/media/IMG_20170705_140131_zpsmlocpwqq.jpg.html)

Harrison
5th July 2017, 16:13
You won't be getting through usa customs any time soon!

Demon Cleaner
5th July 2017, 20:17
Don't plan to go there anyway soon :D

You can get a "certificate" to pass customs at airports, but usually it even doesn't detect it, I know because my mom already had 3 operations, and has metal in her back, she passed everywhere so far, but funny enough, in the US, she was stopped :)

Harrison
5th July 2017, 21:24
If you mum has back trouble could it be hereditary?

Kin Hell
6th July 2017, 08:52
If you mum has back trouble could it be hereditary?

Absolutely. As individuals, we are all an individual combination of genes from previous generations & we can not pick which ones we have @ our point of conception.

I am sure DC will have some pass-on RE his back, much like I did with my teeth as a result of my late mothers dental issues back in 1948.

We all heal differently as well, but something like this is pretty "massive" for want of a better word. :eyebrow:

I really wish you all the best with this DC.

Harrison
7th July 2017, 00:30
This is where dna mapping could be really useful. If when a baby was born a genetic profile about them could be created indicating possible hereditary conditions and problems they might encounter later in life, this could help each person take prevention or avoidance measures to limit the possibility. And also check regularly for thing like cancers that are common in a family to catch them early.

The only negative I could imagine would be medical insurance because they could argue such condition indicators would refuse them being covered.

Demon Cleaner
7th July 2017, 06:42
Btw, you don't see the metal bar(s) on the picture, as they're made out of carbon, so X-rays won't show them, but you can see them as little white lines on the pic.

Kin Hell
20th July 2017, 09:18
Looks like your Picture Hosting is shafted DC. :shades:

Demon Cleaner
20th July 2017, 12:34
Yeah, just deleted some pics, doesn't seem to work though. I reached my 2GB, now I'm back to 0,6GB, but they probably want me to pay a monthly fee. Will have to wait.

Harrison
20th July 2017, 21:27
Why not just host your images on here? You have unlimited space. You also had the ftp setup so you can just stick images on there and point to them using your sub domain url. PM me if your can't remember the access and need reminding.

Demon Cleaner
21st July 2017, 11:04
The ****ers just disabled 3rd party hosting, so now I would have to pay 6$/month for 50GB.

If you want, send me the details from here again, but I will have to redo everything from scratch. Posted quite many pictures here already.

Kin Hell
22nd July 2017, 08:55
@ DC

It's their Business I guess, but still a bit Skanky from my side of the fence & what a nut ache for you to re-do everything. :blink:

@ H

You still haven't sorted that FTP space for me yet bud. - I am still @ the mercy of AmiBay. :eyebrow:

Harrison
22nd July 2017, 22:16
Sorry Kin. Forgot. I will resend the ftp access for both of you and reset the passwords. Will do tomorrow.