PDA

View Full Version : Music Iron Maiden's 8-bit adventure. Speed of Light

Harrison
31st August 2015, 23:08
Ready for the launch of their new album, Iron Maiden have had created a small browser based game called "Speed of Light", made to look and play like a retro 8-bit platform game. It borrows ideas from Donkey Kong mainly from what I've played, but it is pretty cool.

Love the 8-bit treatment to the Iron Maiden sound track too.

Check it out here:

http://speedoflight.ironmaiden.com/

Demon Cleaner
1st September 2015, 11:19
I watched the official video to the song yesterday, it's ok I think, for me the Iron Maiden magic is over since over 30 years, although I went to see their Maiden England tour in Luxembourg last year, and that was quite great, played only old songs.

Harrison
1st September 2015, 16:40
Yes, they lost their magic when Bruce first left the band to go solo, and the replacement singer just couldn't deliver. They also lost the concept album magic and the ability to create amazing epic long songs like Rhyme if the Ancient Mariner.

Pretty much in parallel to Metallica in a way. They lost their way after the black album, and for me only delivered again with Death Magnetic.

These two bands will however always be my favourite Heavy Metal bands.

Demon Cleaner
1st September 2015, 17:44
Apparently the new Iron Maiden album is a double album, and the longest ever released, with several 10 minutes+ songs.

Tiago
2nd September 2015, 13:02
Metallica, yes since the black album, just like so many other bands. Megadeth was one of the few that could do some nice albums after the 90s

Maiden, after bruce, well, the x-factor album has some, not so bad songs. But Virtual XI was pure shxx.
But yes old albums from Maiden are great. Somewhere in time and Seven son of a seven son are my favorite.

Demon Cleaner
3rd September 2015, 17:37
I still prefer Di'Anno era, but that's just me I guess :)

- - - Updated - - -

I listened to the whole new album now, and I have to say that I liked it, sounds a bit more old school Maiden again. The album is over 90 minutes long. Last song Empire of the Clouds is 18 minutes.