PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps

AlexJ
11th April 2007, 22:14
Just got this by email, quite funny.

Go to maps.google.com and click Get Directions. Type "New York" in the start address box and "London" in the end address box and press enter.

Scroll down to instruction 23.

Demon Cleaner
11th April 2007, 22:27
:lol: They even indicate the minutes you need. I won't spoil more.

Harrison
11th April 2007, 22:40
Oh that is priceless! Really funny and quite mad. I am going to screenshot that just in case they update it and remove step 23 from the directions. :lol:

AlexJ
11th April 2007, 22:45
It's not just a manual thing added for NY to London, if you go from any American destination to a European one it'll do that. Try it with your home town.

Harrison
11th April 2007, 22:46
That is quite a classic error for an organisation as large as Google to get so wrong.

Demon Cleaner
11th April 2007, 22:52
They even indicate the minutes you need.:hmmm: I meant the miles *testing alcohol level (beep beep beep), negative*

AlexJ
11th April 2007, 23:09
They even indicate the minutes you need.:hmmm: I meant the miles *testing alcohol level (beep beep beep), negative*

They do give a time as well: 3,938 mi (about 29 days 10 hours)

(BTW, Is there any chance you could install the Spoiler tag mod for vBulletin Harrison?)

Harrison
11th April 2007, 23:24
Sure. I did know about it but was unsure anyone would find a use for it. Now that I've seen we do have a use I will add it into the forum. And if anyone has any more vB mods they would like installed please ask and if I agree with them I will add them in.

Teho
12th April 2007, 03:40
:lol: That is quite a mad thing to include. Probably a joke added in by some programmer. Remember how some specific search-strings in Google would yield joke results? Same thing.

I tried switching the destination to Porsgrunn, my home town, just to see how it suggested getting from Denmark to Norway. But then it only suggested taking the Langesund - Hirtshals boat (step 71). I guess it figures you'd be too tired by then. :D