PDA

View Full Version : H.R. Giger died

Demon Cleaner
13th May 2014, 12:51
Sad news indeed, I think this guy was a true genius.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3293605/r-p-h-r-giger-passes-away-74/

Tiago
13th May 2014, 13:21
I also find Giger a great artist, have two books from him. I love his work in Alien, as long as furniture in Dune film. Chairs and tables are so good looking !
In Switzerland i passed in Gruyere but his museum was closed :-(
His paintings were really good.

tolkien
13th May 2014, 18:12
Really bad news. I think Giger is/was a different artist.

Harrison
14th May 2014, 03:05
That is really sad news. He was a brilliant artist, mostly using airbrush work on a very large scale. Really amazing cybernetic artwork.

I was lucky enough to see some of his larger artwork in London years ago at the Tate modern. Really impressive.

His work did however show he had quite a perverted mind though, because a lot of his art has naked women with cybernetics coming out and wrapping around them.

@DC are any of your tattoos directly inspired by his work?

Demon Cleaner
14th May 2014, 11:39
No, not directly, most of them although are biomechanical based.

Kin Hell
18th May 2014, 07:53
It's always sad to hear when someone dies but it's part and parcel & the one & only thing you can be sure of in life. - One day, we are all going to be deceased, hopefully of natural causes but certainly deader than dead. :eyebrow:

Shame Giger ever got tainted as a pervert. Tbh, wearing a White cape with a Red Cross on it & slaughtering women & children in the name of Christianity is more perverse than anything Giger ever did. Oh the BS tabloids....

Phantom
20th May 2014, 09:17
H.R. Giger was something unique. I don't think that anyone in the future will even approach his works. RIP.

@ Kinny

Well, yes, we will be eaten by worms (from Team17), no one will be excluded from that, unless we find the Elixir of Life. :lol:

Kin Hell
7th June 2014, 13:36
@ Phantom

No worms will eat me bud. - Ashes to Ashes & burn baby, burn! :lol: