PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One already hacked!

Harrison
28th November 2013, 08:31
Just a week after the launch, the Xbox One has been hacked. They have already managed to dump the console's Nand, meaning they can now look through the new system's OS and security.

Why so fast? With the previous generation it took much longer to find exploits and unlock the console's, but the new Xbox has one major flaw over the last generation; it's running on x86 architecture and using Windows and DirectX based code, which is very familiar to hackers with 20+ years experience in the PC.

If the system is unlocked and custom firmware created this could be great news for hardware sales, but not so great for software.

Full article:

http://gearnuke.com/xbox-hackers-managed-dump-nand-xbox-one/

I wonder how the PS4 will fare in comparison? It again is using the much more familiar x86 architecture, but unlike M$ it isn't using an existing OS codebase so might be more secure. Look how long it took hackers to unlock the PS3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

DonAmiga
28th November 2013, 09:31
Well they do want it to be One for everyone ;)

Demon Cleaner
28th November 2013, 11:29
Wow, that's what I call progress :)

Kin Hell
28th November 2013, 16:52
You can bet your ass, PS4 will be locked down equally as hard as PS2 & PS3 ever was..........

Harrison
28th November 2013, 16:54
I expect so. If so that I will download games for the XBox One and play original PS4 games online. ;)

Kin Hell
28th November 2013, 17:31
I expect so. If so that I will download games for the XBox One and play original PS4 games online. ;)

Do you remember a while back, I said I didn't have a single Sony device in my home.... I lied. .....My SLR camera is a Sony. - Time for an upgrade methinks.

Anyone wanna buy a Sony Alpha200? :lol:

Harrison
29th November 2013, 00:15
Nothing wrong with Sony's Alpha DSLRs. They are the descendants of Minolta after all and I used to love Film SLRs from them. However I would only buy Canon these days.

Kin Hell
29th November 2013, 19:56
Nothing wrong with Sony's Alpha DSLRs. They are the descendants of Minolta after all and I used to love Film SLRs from them. However I would only buy Canon these days.

Indeed, it is a stunning DSLR camera in every instance & Canon will be the next one I buy for sure. :thumbs:

zapiy
30th November 2013, 23:16
Thats rapid progress, one i shall watch closely.

Demon Cleaner
3rd December 2013, 10:36
Btw, how far are we when it comes to Wii U hacks? Remember hearing something already longer ago, that the Wiikey team had some "key" again, called Wiikeü. Has there been any progress?

Harrison
3rd December 2013, 12:52
Not sure. There hasn't been that much interest in the Wii-U, as it has been one of the least inspiring consoles from Nintendo to date. This might change now there is a decent Mario game finally released.

I'm guessing it's nite that didn't to the Wii in terms of OS/firmware design as it's more of an evolution than a completely new design. Therefore hopefully it will be software modified soon. They just need to find a game with a backdoor exploit. If they do I will then grab one.

zapiy
3rd December 2013, 23:42
Super Mario 3D World does look superb.. We have a Wii U for our youngest and i will no doubt get some games and would be interested in an exploit.