PDA

View Full Version : Program to erase the HDD completely!

Phantom
25th October 2013, 10:37
Hi, where I can find a program (on peecee) that it can erase my HDD completely? As I'm looking forward to sell 2 laptops of mine, I want to wipe everything from the HDD and be secure in the future. Is there any good program.

PS: Sorry Kin, you told me of a program during those 'dark' night converstations we had together :p , but I really don't remember how you called it. :D

Kin Hell
25th October 2013, 13:29
Well fella, it use to be on this web site but it's now down for ever as of May this year. :(

http://fosi.ural.net/

Full version too. I can send you the file via ICQ I guess, but it's 170Mb. :eyebrow: - Is this possible?

Phantom
25th October 2013, 13:34
I really don't know. 170MB? I think that will not be possible.

Kin Hell
25th October 2013, 13:50
Get into ICQ now. There is no file size from PC to PC. :)

I'm on-line waiting mate. ;)

Harrison
26th October 2013, 14:52
The HiRen's boot CD has a number of hdd wiping tools on it. They work by writing 0's across the whole disk overwriting anything and everything on it. Perform a couple of passed over the whole disk with one of these tools and the data will be gone for good. Only perform it once and data can be recovered.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Demon Cleaner
26th October 2013, 21:27
I have a program from O&O called SafeErase, would do the trick.

Kin Hell
27th October 2013, 05:43
Hopefully, Phantom has erased the disk with the program I sent him. :thumbs:

Phantom
27th October 2013, 22:20

Yup, that's right, thanks again mate. And thanks everybody for their suggestions as well.

Kin Hell
28th October 2013, 12:59

Yup, that's right, thanks again mate. And thanks everybody for their suggestions as well.

Pleasure kiddo. Best for now. :thumbs: