PDA

View Full Version : PS3 breaks UK sales records

AlexJ
28th March 2007, 12:50
Sony has sold 165,000 PS3's in the first two days of it's release in the UK. This compares to 105,000 Wii's and 75,000 360's sold in their first two days of release.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6499841.stm

Submeg
28th March 2007, 12:57
Woa thats pretty excellent!! so crazy!!!

Demon Cleaner
28th March 2007, 13:47
And everybody moaned about the high price of the PS3, it doesn't seem to daunt people.

Harrison
28th March 2007, 14:04
Great news. It shows that if something is wanted enough people will pay the price for it. As mentioned before on the forum, the PS3 is a great value Blu-Ray player, just as much as it is the most powerful console on the market. Some may be purchasing it purely for its HD playback abilities.

I also think that the market has moved on. Many dedicated gamers are our age, in their 20's and 30's and are the same people who were buying each generation of consoles as they have been released over the years. This older age group has much more disposable income compared to when they were younger, so can now afford the price of the PS3.

I would be very interested to find out what the current demographic of console and software sales are to see what each of the age groups are purchasing these days. I would expect older age groups to be purchasing much more than before and teenagers to not be the key demographic any longer. I would also expect the Wii and Xbox 360 sales to be purchased by an older demographic, with the younger age groups mainly focusing on the DS.