PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft announce 20 million sales of Vista in first month!

Harrison
27th March 2007, 16:45
Microsoft Corp. said Monday it sold 20 million consumer copies of the new Windows Vista operating system worldwide in February, but analysts said the data shed little light on the program’s popularity during its first month on the market.

By comparison, Windows XP, Vista’s predecessor, sold 17 million copies in the two months following its 2001 launch, Microsoft said.

”It’s a stronger than expected start,” Bill Mannion, a director of product marketing for Windows, said in an interview.

But given that the personal computer market has nearly doubled since XP launched, Vista sales ”probably should be more,” said Michael Silver, vice president of research at Gartner, a technology research group.

But consider that more PCs are now in the home than there were when XP was launched. Also consider that all new PCs are being sold with Vista right from the first day if its launch. This wasn't the case when XP was launched, with many systems still selling with Me installed.

Demon Cleaner
27th March 2007, 17:03
This wasn't the case when XP was launched, with many systems still selling with Me installed.That is true. And as PC prices drop more and more, also more people are buying them, preinstalled.

J T
27th March 2007, 18:59
I love the part of the quote that says 'they sold 20 million odd..... but probably should be more'

Well how much more, Mr Technology Researcher? Let's hear a figure, as to most of us 20 million is a clucking lot.

Submeg
28th March 2007, 02:51
Lol....."oh about another 20 million....yea, that should cover it."