PDA

View Full Version : 40 C ; 104 F for today here at Lisbon ....

Tiago
26th June 2012, 13:27
Yesterday it was around 39 in center of Lisbon (at the sun), today it will get 40 ; 104 F ....
it's hell....

I am working with 21 celcius +/- 70 F .... when i go outside, its a diference so big looks like you are getting into a sauna.

Demon Cleaner
26th June 2012, 13:34
You will need that, as the portuguese football team will come home tomorrow, don't want it to rain then, do you ;)

Phantom
26th June 2012, 13:50
Yesterday it was around 39 in center of Lisbon (at the sun), today it will get 40 ; 104 F ....
it's hell....

I am working with 21 celcius +/- 70 F .... when i go outside, its a diference so big looks like you are getting into a sauna.

Same shit here too. :mad:

Tiago
26th June 2012, 14:44
Why are you so sure about that?
I know spain in the best team in Europe .... last time we play with them we won 4-0 .... (non- oficial game).
I don't know why we could not win...

And come on Demon, you live sorrounded by Portuguese... don't tell me you prefer Spain...

Demon Cleaner
26th June 2012, 18:45
Honestly, I prefer Spain, especially because I'm surrounded by portuguese people, and they can get quite annoying when they win, after the game they drive around honking with their cars in the village for hours, when I obviously have to go to sleep. But as I live a bit outside, uphill of the village, I don't hear it so much.

And I can tell you, as I have been twice to Portugal, the people from there are completely different, they're nice and everything, most of the portuguese people living here just suck, they don't integrate at all, have their own bars, shops, hairdressers, car garages... and everything. Don't even bother to learn our language, even after living here for over 20 years, that, for me, is just ignorance, and I cannot tolerate that.

You know that some of our governement already considered that the portuguese language should be mandatory to learn in school!!! That our luxembourgish kids would also have to learn that, besides already learning french and german. Only because portuguese are quite bad, can say suck, in german, and are only good in french, thus also suck in luxembourgish. Almost 25% of the people living in Luxembourg are portuguese, and they don't adapt?

Nothing against you, like I mentioned, I like portuguese people, but just not everybody living here, mainly their mentality.

Tiago
27th June 2012, 08:54
they can get quite annoying when they win, after the game they drive around honking with their cars in the village for hours, when I obviously have to go to sleep
:lol: Sure, we never win nothing, so each game ia a party !!

I didn't know that Portuguese there don't lean your language. That's stupid !! If i would go living to other country i would learn their language in the first 2 years, i would try at least.
But you know the same thing occurs here, a lot of people from Germany and Holland are comming here to live in Portugal, in the interior, they buy big terrains and have huge farms, and after years and years they just know 10 words in Portuguese...
I guess it happend with Portuguese there but it happends the same when you come here to live (less number of course)

If today we win to Spain you will not sleep.... lol

Kin Hell
27th June 2012, 14:48
It's funny hearing you guys complaining about the heat. Here in Cornwall, we're just pi$$ed off with the continuous rain. :lol:

Tiago
27th June 2012, 15:13
Continuous rain?? I don't know how many months have passed since last time i saw 2 days of continuous rain...
I used an unbrela maybe 3 times since last year... or it rains during night, or during day it's only 30 minutes, or it's just a few drops of rain and i don't even need an umbrela.

Yesterday at midnight it was 27 degrees celcius...

Kin Hell
27th June 2012, 16:42
Jeepers. :blink: 27 Deg C @ night is some kind of serious heat. Blame our relentless Global warming antics & the up and coming planetary alignment of our Solar System on Dec 21st 2012. (Mayan Calander reset)

Phantom
27th June 2012, 17:13
We are all gonna get fried. :o

Tiago
27th June 2012, 17:43
Jeepers. :blink: 27 Deg C @ night is some kind of serious heat. Blame our relentless Global warming antics & the up and coming planetary alignment of our Solar System on Dec 21st 2012. (Mayan Calander reset)

yesterday, i could have slept outside on the street...
My house with no heat/ar conditionate, was with 20 degrees celcius, outside was 27.... at midnight.... very strange...

Kin Hell
28th June 2012, 14:33
Considering it's only June, July & August are generally the hottest months of the year. Best stock up with the highest factor cream you can lay your hands on. :yesyes:

Harrison
28th June 2012, 15:20
It's been quite hot here this week. Very annoying as we have to keep the windows and doors all shut for 2 weeks because of our cats getting used to the new house/location. So really hot at night.

Not looking so good further North, and in Northern Ireland where they are having the floods we had 2 weeks ago. Mad!

Submeg
2nd July 2012, 10:28
Spare a thought for us Aussie guys...

In 2009 we had a massive heatwave:

Adelaide, South Australia

Average daily maximum 27 January - 7 February: 40.5 C (104.9 F) – (11.1C (20.0F) above average)[7]
13 Consecutive days over 33 C (91 F)
6 Consecutive days over 40 C (104 F)
4 Consecutive days over 43 C (109 F)

Adelaide, South Australia

January 2009

26th – 36.6 C (97.9 F)[17]
27th – 43.2 C (109.8 F)
28th – 45.7 C (114.3 F)
29th – 43.4 C (110.1 F)
30th – 43.1 C (109.6 F)
31st – 41.1 C (106.0 F)

February

1st – 40.6 C (105.1 F)
2nd – 38.8 C (101.8 F)
3rd – 36.3 C (97.3 F)
4th - 33.0 C (91.4 F)
5th - 35.6 C (96.1 F)
6th – 43.9 C (111.0 F)
7th - 41.5 C (106.7 F)

A record high minimum temperature was recorded at around midnight on 29 January, when the temperature dropped to only 33.9 C (93.0 F) at the Bureau of Meteorology weather station in Kent Town, near the Adelaide city centre. Temperatures recorded in other parts of the city and other towns throughout South Australia were even higher

Tiago
2nd July 2012, 11:33
28th – 45.7 C (114.3 F) ?????? WTF??? How do you survive?

Harrison
2nd July 2012, 14:28
Don't you all have air-con in your houses in Australia?

When we went to Greece (Kefalonia) some years ago it was 42 C all day for a couple of days, but dry heat which I didn't mine as much. It's when it is humid that it's horrible as you just sweet within seconds.

Phantom
2nd July 2012, 18:40
When we went to Greece (Kefalonia) some years ago it was 42 C all day for a couple of days, but dry heat which I didn't mine as much. It's when it is humid that it's horrible as you just sweet within seconds.

Exactly. Even with 40 Celcius, if it's dry heat there is no big problem, but if it's humid, even with 25 Celcius can be very unbearable.

Kin Hell
4th July 2012, 07:39
Humidity is always bad to deal with. Last time I was in Florida 2005/2006 (we landed on New Years Eve), the weather reports were showing 100% Humidity. It was as dry as a nuns chaff & nowhere near as humid as a moderately humid day here in Cornwall.

Apparently, the adverse weather has something to do with a shift in the Jet Stream, yet the UK Met office are not sure why it has shifted.

Harrison
4th July 2012, 11:51
Global warming springs to mind as the answer. I thought they had noticed the jet stream was shifting already and mentioned it in the news ages ago. Although has it now shifted down? Whereas before it was shifting up away from France and towards us.

rkauer
5th July 2012, 05:55
About global heating: today was 30C.

In July! The expected weather in this time of year on my state is near 0C! CRAZY!

Harrison
5th July 2012, 11:57
I keep forgetting those south of the equator have back to front weather! :p

Submeg
12th July 2012, 13:25
28th – 45.7 C (114.3 F) ?????? WTF??? How do you survive?

That day was unbelievable... so hot! Felt like I was going to melt. That three weeks was so tiring, you couldn't sleep, the days you were exhausted!

Harrison
13th July 2012, 12:30
Just think of us here in the UK with our complete contrast of weather. At the moment I'm thinking we should all be living in boats for the amount of rain we have had in the past month. 2 months rain fall in a day was bad enough for us, but up north they had one month in 3 hours! Mad!

Kin Hell
15th July 2012, 22:55
Global warming springs to mind as the answer. I thought they had noticed the jet stream was shifting already and mentioned it in the news ages ago. Although has it now shifted down? Whereas before it was shifting up away from France and towards us.

I feel global warming is only part of the answer. I'm convinced our Solar Systems planet alignment has something to do with it as well. It only happens approximately once every 26,000 years & happens at the end of the Mayan calender. That date is on Dec 21st 2012 for those not aware.

Harrison
15th July 2012, 23:54
If that is true, you have to wonder what will happen between now and then, and also what will happen once we reach that date? At least my birthday is after the date (28th) :lol:

Kin Hell
18th July 2012, 14:04
If that is true, you have to wonder what will happen between now and then, and also what will happen once we reach that date? At least my birthday is after the date (28th) :lol:

I really do stay away from News progammes & papers, but I do follow the interesting stuff RE the lump of rock we live on. We think we are a powerful & dominant species on this lump of rock, but the forces of nature make us mere bacteria in comparison. We've seen nothing yet and have to come out of the alignment on the other side of Earths tilt yet, let alone the alignment of our planets. ;)

Have you seen Venus in the sky at night recently? Difficult atm with all the rain for sure, but it's there and can bee seen without telescopes or even binoculars.