PDA

View Full Version : Problems with WinUAE and Player Manager

Dutch_OnE
11th March 2012, 08:20
Hello,

on my Notebook, i have installed Windows 64bit.
I use WinUAE 2.3.3 and when i am starting Player Manager, the system doesnt accept the formated disc, for the game data. Then i use this WinUAE in Windows XP Mode, but the same problem.

Then i tried another version (WinUAE 1.1.0)
In Windows 7, the software wont start, but in Windows XP Mode the problem with the save disc is away.
There is another problem with the mouse. Windows mouse and Player Manager mouse are not synchronized, so point an click has a very poor precision.

What can i do, to play PM?

- 32bit OS instead of 64bit?
- Real Windows XP and no virtualization?
- Another Amiga Emulation?
- Something wrong with my config?

Please give me some tips, because i love this game.

dutch

Harrison
11th March 2012, 12:48
Sounds like a WinUAE config issue. What settings are you using in WinUAE?

If it is a normal Player Manager version, and not an AGA (A1200) version then set WinUAE up as an A500 with 512KB Chip ram and 512KB fast ram. Also set the chipset to OCS and set the emulation speed to 100% A500 speed instead of fastest possible.

Regarding the save disk issue. Many Amiga games created their own save game disks from a blank floppy disk within the game. These can sometimes be hard to create via emulation. Try the following. In WinUAE properties go to the floppy drives page and you should see an option to create a blank disk. This will create a new ADF file that is a blank floppy disk. Then in the game insert this newly created ADF when you want to save the game and it should work.

Some games refuse to work with a blank ADF and the only other way is to create a save game disk on a real Amiga and then convert that disk into an ADF to use with the emulator. If you find this is the only option I might be able to help.

Dutch_OnE
11th March 2012, 17:50
Hello,

i tried with the adf files exactly what you have written. I found a beta version for the winuae and there it works with the blank adf file. The other problem is the mouse. all the gui elements are in front and the mouse is behind them. So i cant see the mouse, when there is a grafical unit. i dont know how i can describe this better, but i cant see the mouse at every place on the screen. Maybe i can create an image.

Harrison
11th March 2012, 19:53
Under the Chipset section try setting collision level to full, and tick Immediate Blitter.

Stewplum
29th June 2012, 15:39
Hello,

i tried with the adf files exactly what you have written. I found a beta version for the winuae and there it works with the blank adf file. The other problem is the mouse. all the gui elements are in front and the mouse is behind them. So i cant see the mouse, when there is a grafical unit. i dont know how i can describe this better, but i cant see the mouse at every place on the screen. Maybe i can create an image.

Hi Dutch_One,

I hope this message finds you well. I saw your thread about the mouse cursor disappearing in certain parts of the screens in Player Manager. I wondered if you got this sorted and how - as I am having the same problem...

Thanks!

Stewplum