PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Identifying An Old Amiga Magazine

petersavo
31st January 2012, 23:22
Im hoping someone on this forum can help me. Sometime around 1993 (not too certain of the year but it is around this time) my brother had some of his deluxe paint 4 art printed in the readers gallery section of a magazine. His 40th birthday is coming up and I would love to track the mag down to give it to him for his birthday.

I was almost certain that the magazine was Amiga Action, so I bought one from around this time off ebay just to see if it was the right mag, but there was no readers gallery to be seen. So now I'm stuck and hope someone can help.

Can anyone remember an amiga mag from this time that had a section that printed readers pictures? The mags I used to buy at this time were Amiga Action, Zero, One Magazine and maybe a few others.

If anyone here still has old amiga mags and finds one with a readers gallery then the pictures that were printed were of Sylvester Stallone with a USA flag draped over him and one of Arnold Swarzenegger. Naff I know but we were young.

I remember him drawing these pictures on deluxe paint, pixel by pixel and it was the first time we realised that my little bro had some talent. He now runs his own design company.

Sorry for the long post but it would mean so much to me, and him if I could locate this mag, and of course I would pay if anyone had the mag and would be willing to part with it.

Any information would help.
Thanks
Pete.

Harrison
1st February 2012, 04:01
Cu Amiga ran a readers art gallery each month. Could it have been that magazine?

I've got a near complete collection of that magazine, but it would take forever to look through them all. Do you know exactly when it was published?

petersavo
1st February 2012, 17:11
I never bought cu amiga so it can't be that mag.
The search goes on.

Thanks for the reply.

Harrison
1st February 2012, 17:16
Have you visited "The Amiga Magazine Rack"? Just google AMR and you should fine it.

Phantom
1st February 2012, 23:13
It's surely Amiga Format. Tell me your brother's name and I'll check my AFs. Don't have them all though.

DonAmiga
2nd February 2012, 10:54
Hello Pete and welcome :)

CU Amiga, feb 1993 has Arnold Swarzenegger drawn by Chris Lumb of Leeds?

petersavo
2nd February 2012, 16:11
His name is James Savage, sometimes Jim. Thanks for the help everyone.

The picture of Arnold Swarzenegger was from Predator and the picture of Stallone was from the end of Rocky 4 where he is draped in an american flag. They were both printed on the same page.

Thanks again
Pete.

Phantom
3rd February 2012, 00:55
I've checked all my Amiga magazines (AF and CU Amiga) but not luck.