PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Island Comic

Demon Cleaner
16th March 2007, 12:51
I still have the Monkey Island comic on my PC, so I did a pdf file of it and thought I'll post it here for everyone.

Monkey Island Comic (http://dc.classicamiga.com/root/retromags/Monkey%20Island%20Comic.pdf)

This Monkey Island comic is copyright by Paco Vink.
All characters and names used in the story are copyrighted property of LucasArts.
The comic is exclusive to the world of MI (http://www.worldofmi.com/features/comics/vink/) site.

Harrison
16th March 2007, 14:04
Very cool. Thanks for sharing this. :)

J T
16th March 2007, 15:54
Without wishing to hijack your thread DC, can anyone remember the name of the book that Burns metioned on the old forum - the one that was quite influential on the development of Monkey Island?

I've just been trying to get back into reading proper books and have enjoyed it a lot (reading Roadside Picnic at the moment - short but very intersting).

AlexJ
18th March 2007, 17:33
Tim Powers - "On Stranger Tides" (ISBN: 1930235321)

J T
19th March 2007, 09:40

Awesome! Thanks - Will be ordering that :)

Oz2
19th March 2007, 10:17
Such a shame they stopped working on the comic...

btw: nice idea binding all the images into one PDF :p

Submeg
19th March 2007, 11:44
Hey Oz, long time no see!

Demon Cleaner
19th March 2007, 13:45
btw: nice idea binding all the images into one PDFYeah yeah, riffling through my folders when I'm off work, tss tss...

taunusanden
25th August 2008, 21:34
Thanks for sharing this :-)
Who made it?

Puni/Void
25th August 2008, 21:41
Thanks for sharing this :-)
Who made it?

Hi there Taunusanden and welcome to the Classicamiga forum! Nice to see another Scandinavian around here. ;) By your nickname, I guess you're into Ford. :cool:

Anyway, back to business. I believe that the comic was made by a guy named Paco Vink. You can probably dig up some more information from the World of Monkey Island (http://www.worldofmi.com/) website.

taunusanden
26th August 2008, 05:41
Hi
Yes, I'm Into classic Ford Taunus :)
Anden = The duck, something my friends call me :rolleyes:

Thanks, I'll do a little searching.

I'm also an actice Amiga.org & amiga.dk member, this just looks like a good forum/site, so of course I joined :)

Buleste
26th August 2008, 09:13
Welcome to the site.

Submeg
26th August 2008, 10:39
Hi

I'm also an active Amiga.org & amiga.dk member, this just looks like a good forum/site, so of course I joined :)

Good choice! :thumbs:

Demon Cleaner
26th August 2008, 11:34
Welcome aboard ;)

J T
27th August 2008, 10:08
Hi, and welcome :)

This book was excellent, so I bought a few other Tim Powers books too. The collection of short stories 'Strange Itineraries' was pretty interesting. The Aunubis Gates was a good read too. Highly recommended.

Tiago
27th August 2008, 10:55
Welcome to Classicamiga Taunusanden !

Puni/Void
27th August 2008, 11:01
Hi
Yes, I'm Into classic Ford Taunus :)
Anden = The duck, something my friends call me :rolleyes:

Thanks, I'll do a little searching.

I'm also an actice Amiga.org & amiga.dk member, this just looks like a good forum/site, so of course I joined :)

A great choice indeed. ;) Have fun browsing around! :thumbs:

burns flipper
27th August 2008, 11:15
Hi, and welcome :)

This book was excellent, so I bought a few other Tim Powers books too. The collection of short stories 'Strange Itineraries' was pretty interesting. The Aunubis Gates was a good read too. Highly recommended.I've read On STranger Tides twice now. Anubis Gates was really good, I liked the little twist at the end.

Harrison
9th September 2008, 09:39
Welcome :thumbs:

Vangar
6th March 2009, 17:34
Does anyone have a copy of the PDF? It's 404ing for me.

Harrison
7th March 2009, 07:44
Use the following link to download it

http://www.classicamiga.info/dc/root/retromags/Monkey%20Island%20Comic.pdf

The original link is broken because of the server move. The files will eventually be relocated to the new server.

Milosforman
21st September 2015, 14:07
[QUOTE=Demon Cleaner;4535]I still have the Monkey Island comic on my PC, so I did a pdf file of it and thought I'll post it here for everyone.

This Monkey Island comic is copyright by Paco Vink.
All characters and names used in the story are copyrighted property of LucasArts.
The comic is exclusive to the site

hi Demon,

Do you still have a copy of the copy? I would be glad to receive it if you can send. your link and the other site worldofmi.com/features/comics are both offline.
Thanks for your help
bye
Milosforman

Demon Cleaner
22nd September 2015, 04:51
Unfortunately the pdf was on the webspace which Harrison gave me some time ago, and it doesn't seem to work anymore. Perhaps he still has it if he can still access the site.

Harrison
22nd September 2015, 10:29
What doesn't work? Just the link? Or the webspace? Webspace is still setup and working. I can reset your ftp login if you need.

Demon Cleaner
23rd September 2015, 03:47
Ok, I tried now, it still works, although the /retromags folder is unfortunately gone. I must have deleted it at some point.