PDA

View Full Version : Amiga PD site

Ghost
22nd November 2011, 02:59
Hello everyone,

While browsing Amiga Longplay videos on youtube I noticed this link in someone's response; amigapd.com
Its a website that collects info and I think also roms on various Amiga PD games and other software that was released during the 80s and 90s.

I can not help it if someone else has already posted this before but I thought you people would probably like to know this in case it has not been brought up anywhere else yet.

Harrison
22nd November 2011, 10:21
I took a look at that site when it first launched and it showed promise. Nice to see its development as continues and it has gained a lot of interesting content.

The content is a bit scattered though and maybe needs a redesign of the layout. Still, it is great to see a site dedicated purely to PD.

Ghost
22nd November 2011, 18:05
Yes, they made some nice PD games back then.
I recall playing an old sci-fi X4 one a couple of days ago, may not have looked flashy but it played very well.

Harrison
23rd November 2011, 02:20
The Amiga has the best PD scene by a long way. There were loads of great free games released over the years ranging across all genres. I still have all my favourites setup on my A4000 HDD. I really must take the time to make a copy of them as an HDF file and share it with you all as there are some great games on there.

Ghost
23rd November 2011, 23:45
Please do so regarding the file.
I remember some really professional looking PD games from some people including a Star Trek game that I would like to give a try one day. (only reliable link is HOL and I know how people feel about that site)

And of course near arcade clones like the Pang/Turrican one and Tanks games.
I once played Zombie Apocalypse for a whole evening at a friend's place.

And with Christmas approaching I think its time I have Psycho Santa a try.