PDA

View Full Version : Rare Sega Dreamcast Katana dev kit on ebay!

Harrison
14th March 2007, 16:07
There seems to be quite a lot of rare older gaming hardware on ebay at the moment and I just discovered this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEGA-DREAMCAST-KATANA-Hardware-development-kit-Devkit_W0QQitemZ280093540716QQcategoryZ4313QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's for an Original Sega Dreamcas Katana HKT-01 development kit, as used by the games developers. It also comes with the never released source code for ECCO II: Sentinels of the Universe.

Currently it is only selling for £107 which is a bargain for such a piece of gaming history.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/92/0d/18a9_1.JPG

Demon Cleaner
14th March 2007, 16:11
Hoho, I like this very much. But what to do with it?? I'm curious for how much this will go away.

Also the PS2 development consoles were the yellow ones, I want to grab one like that, if you find one on the net, contact me.

Harrison
14th March 2007, 16:29
What about the Sony Playstation Net Yaroze? The black home dev kit one. I always wanted one of those.

Demon Cleaner
14th March 2007, 17:02
What about the Sony Playstation Net Yaroze?Don't know that one. I once saw a yellow PS2, did miss it to buy it (idiot me), and then later Oz told me, that these are developer consoles.

Harrison
14th March 2007, 21:27
The Net Yaroze was released by Sony for home games development around 97/98 I think. It was a completely unlocked Playstation so could run copied games, but it's main use was the fact it could be connected to a PC and code could be passed to the Yaroze for testing.

v85rawdeal
17th March 2007, 15:57
I did have the opportunity to get a Yaroze PSX, but declined as I had heard that they would only supply replacement parts to registered users... ie, the dev companies. Would have been able to pick it up for just under £50, but i was concerned that at that price it was not a working one. So I ended up declining.

Maybe I should have got one and swapped the case with my old PSX, just to look cool, if it didnt work.

Well, hindsight is such a great tool, now all I need is a time machine to go with it!

Submeg
17th March 2007, 21:36
Lol, that would be perfect....make a mistake....Ctrl + Z...

Agram
18th March 2007, 10:15
Sounds like someone is vacuuming in the background, or it's a pretty loud PC.

Harrison
19th March 2007, 08:58
That is definitely the system fan inside the Katana dev kit, although listen to how loud the button and joystick clicks are too. Sounds like the guy had the gain turned right up on the microphone.

Also, it looks like he changed his mind about selling the system and pulled the auction.

Demon Cleaner
19th March 2007, 09:06
:lol: Funny quote from eBay:
The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

Harrison
19th March 2007, 09:18
Yeah, I noticed that. Quite a large thing to lose! So maybe he did break it.