PDA

View Full Version : UAE Wii 6.0

Demon Cleaner
25th October 2011, 04:49
v6.0 already out now:

- Added SMB support
- Added USB mass storage support
- Many menu improvements (new colors, new popup messages, browsing with nunchuk, wider screen, etc.)
- Added nunchuck menu browsing
- Configuration file saved manually
- Several improvements in input configuration menu (single wiimote configurations, snd and trd button joystick, enable/disable mouse emulation, etc.)
- Name of the loaded file in the menu header
- Added logfile option
- Fixed correct aspect option (to adapt the Amiga screen to Wii screen)
- Fixed mouse jerkiness
- Fixed second Joystick configuration issue
- Other small fixes

Harrison
25th October 2011, 15:51
Version 6 already. Looks like this is a very well supported project. I also like some of the improvements listed. Sounds like it has a lot of improvements to control.

Sephiroth81
26th October 2011, 14:58
Just downloaded the 6th version of Wii UAE and it does look a bit more elegant.

Been using the previous versions of Wii UAE for over a year now, and mostly impressed. The sound glitches are a touch annoying at times during loading but i won't complain too much! The mouse system still is flawed as well - why can't we just plug in a USB mouse to the two USB ports in the Wii??

Lets hope this gets continually updated and worked on. I often check Wiibrew to see if Wiiuae gets a rare update.

oibaf
5th November 2011, 09:26
Actually you can also use a real usb mouse plugged into usb port.

Sephiroth81
8th November 2011, 20:36
Actually you can also use a real usb mouse plugged into usb port.

Can you use a real USB mouse in the Wii USB port? I thought that wasn't possible at this moment....i'm going to have to go test it now! I thought it was just keyboard.

Sephiroth81
27th November 2011, 21:06
Bump - Wii UAE 7 is now available and looking improved. I'm really pleased work is continuing on this emulator.

Harrison
28th November 2011, 12:38
Nice. I really do need to try this out at some point soon.

Buleste
29th November 2011, 09:33
I have tried it out but only with Elite and unfortunately I couldn't get past the cracktro no matter what I tried on the virtual keyboard which pee'd me off (I always use Elite as a benchmark for emulators).

EDIT: Managed to get it working and Elite does run at a very good pace so there are no speed issues.

Harrison
29th November 2011, 14:48
Cool. Other games worth testing are those with a lot of screen and parallax scrolling as this will test how well the emulator can keep up. Turrican II is often used because of its all direction scrolling levels, and also games like Shadow of the Beast. Pinball games are also great for this.

Buleste
30th November 2011, 09:35
If you don't have a keyboard on your Wii then from my experience games with cracktro's are useless as you can't get past the cracktro using the virtual keyboard unless I am doing something completely wrong. One thing I am curious about is it only uses the 1.3 ROM and yet you can emulate A600, A1200, A3000, A4000 so I wonder how that would work.

Harrison
30th November 2011, 15:57
All versions of Kickstart have a lot of common files within them, so maybe they are just utilising that and emulating the differences for other newer requirements. Only a guess though.

Demon Cleaner
1st December 2011, 13:24
v7 has been released:

- fixed Hardfile and virtual filesystem support
- Added virtual keyboard
- Added several menu options (immediate blits, collision level, real CPU speed, scanlines, ntsc and sound)
- Menu reorganization
- Other small improvements