PDA

View Full Version : Nice N64 collection for sale on ebay

Harrison
14th March 2007, 16:01
I just noticed this Nintendo 64 sale on ebay which looks like a very nice collection for anyone interested in obtaining an N64.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/N64-JOBLOT-3-CONSOLES-57-GAMES-7-CONTROLLERS-RARE-GAMES_W0QQitemZ150099150433QQcategoryZ31583QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is also a nice Japan import collection:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/N64-JOBLOT-3-CONSOLES-57-GAMES-7-CONTROLLERS-RARE-GAMES_W0QQitemZ150099150433QQcategoryZ31583QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Demon Cleaner
14th March 2007, 16:05
Hm, I own an N64 console, because I collect them, but I was never into N64 playing, I don't like the games.

Harrison
14th March 2007, 16:11
None of the games? I never owned one at the height of the N64 days, but did purchase a couple of very nice N64 collections on ebay years ago and amassed a very nice collection including 3 boxed systems. And I did find there were many games for the system that were great. Not many RPGs of note though.

Demon Cleaner
14th March 2007, 16:15
I have 5-6 sports games that the guy gave me together with the console, but I never tried them. But I don't mean this type of games, but the typical nintendo games.

Harrison
14th March 2007, 16:28
Oh, I see what you mean. I suppose the Nintendo cutsie style of game design is either loved or hated.

But there are many other great N64 titles such as Goldeneye, Zelda, F-Zero, the Star Wars games, Bomberman, Extreme G, Lylate Wars, Wave Race, Perfect Dark etc... I could go on.

Did you ever try the soccer games on the N64? ISS64 was great at the time and one of my favourite Fifa's was on the N64.

Demon Cleaner
14th March 2007, 17:00
The first ISS I played was onthe PSX. I had no friends with a N64. But I have one omyself since 3 years with soccer, NFL, NBA and MLB games, but there are better platforms now to play these games. And NO, I'm not gonna try them now ;)

rayzorblue
14th March 2007, 22:23
You really should try ISS64 it is a fantastic footy game I own it myself and played it again about 6 months ago and to my surprise still enjoyed it, Goldeneye is the greatest multiplayer game ever for me, i am still to play an FPS in multiplayer that works as well as Goldeneye.

Harrison
14th March 2007, 22:43
And don't forget that N64 emulators are pretty good these days, and I know you must surely have the full N64 rom set DC! ;)

Demon Cleaner
14th March 2007, 23:05
and I know you must surely have the full N64 rom set DC!Yep indeed ;)

Submeg
15th March 2007, 00:55
Hm, I own an N64 console, because I collect them, but I was never into N64 playing, I don't like the games.

So you collect consoles? How many do you have DC?

Demon Cleaner
15th March 2007, 15:26
So you collect consoles? How many do you have DC?I collect computers and consoles, and we had a poll once on this board. Can be found here. (http://forum.classicamiga.com/showthread.php?t=226)

J T
15th March 2007, 21:51
As well as the obvious Nintendo games and those metntioned previously, Blast Corps and Banjo Kazooie are great games, well worth checking out too.

Goldeneye/Perfect Dark are still way up there for me too. I spent way too much time on those games, but damn it was good.

Submeg
16th March 2007, 02:08
Woa crazy stuff!

Puni/Void
16th March 2007, 10:15
If you like racing games, Mario Kart 64 is great fun. I actually enjoy it more than the later versions, for example the one for the Gamecube.

Harrison
16th March 2007, 11:45
For me the best is still the original SNES Mario Kart. Even the Mario Kart 64 sequel was horrible in handling and gameplay compared to the classic original.

Demon Cleaner
16th March 2007, 13:01
I think that EVERY Mario game is overrated *awaiting :stick: now*

J T
16th March 2007, 13:12
Each to their own, although Mario 64 is one of my favourite games ever.

It was a brilliant game, no doubt about that, but also it came along at the right time in my life, when I was receptive to that sort of thing - so it really does stick in my mind for a number of reasons, possibly some tinged by nostalgia - but it made a major lasting impression on me.

Harrison
16th March 2007, 14:13
Each to their own indeed, but come on DC, that comment really does deserve a good :chair: or maybe even a visit from... :jason: or :freddy5hi: :lol:

Personally I have always found all Mario games really enjoyable and contain great and fun gameplay.

What about Paper Mario on the N64? or Mario RPG on the SNES? :huh:

Demon Cleaner
16th March 2007, 14:20
I find the Mario games too childish. Nothing I could enjoy playing for a long time.

Harrison
16th March 2007, 14:29
But have you actually tried playing the different Mario themed games? They are not as childish as is often thought.

J T
16th March 2007, 15:51
I can see why some people don't like that brightly coloured, kind of typical Nintendo style of some games, and whilst I'm not going to change any opinions (nor would I try) I personally feel the perceived simplicity to be quite refreshing, a good concentrated burst of something a little bit different without too many distractions. I quite like the pick up and play for a little while aspect too - mainly because I don't have the opportunity to sit down for a good long gaming session much any more.

Puni/Void
19th March 2007, 11:27
I agree with you about the pick-up and play part, JT. If you don't have much time for gaming, consoles can be quite handy.

I really like the Nintendo platform. There are so many quality games to choose from, ranging from platformers to racing. My favourites are the Donkey Kong platformers for the SNES, the Mario Kart series, and of course the Mario platform games. It is quality through and through, with excellent gameplay. Many titles supports two-players as well, which makes it fun to play with friends.