PDA

View Full Version : An army soldier game?

djtenda
17th October 2011, 12:44
Can't remember a lot of details. It was a third person game, where the camera was at a side view (usual classic platform games), was a soldier of some sort, like a rambo type game, you started off with a knife and could walk up behind enemies and slit there throat and when they died they made a weird slow AHH! noise. I think you could walk in enemy tents too at their base and could get a machine gun of some sort. Sorry that's all a bit useless but i just can't remember much.

If you get it from that then your a genius.

Ta in advance.

Demon Cleaner
17th October 2011, 13:29
Hi, and welcome to our boards.

Was it perhaps Green Beret?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/green_beret_fenix_remake_01.png

djtenda
17th October 2011, 13:43
Hi and thanks. No, was not this game, not too far off but i can remember it being more of a rambo type character, i think. Very hard to explain a game when i can't remember much. If i see a pic of it i will know. Used to be an Amiga nut when i was younger and trying to round up a few of the old classics. Cheers

Harrison
17th October 2011, 13:55
I think you are thinking of "Fire Force".

837 838

djtenda
17th October 2011, 14:01
Harrison, you legend lol.

Thats it mate thanks. Sorry the description wasn't too great but thanks again.

Harrison
18th October 2011, 01:05
Glad to help. :-)

Ghost
19th October 2011, 20:20
When I saw this post I also immediately had to think of Fire Force.
Great game but the time limit is damn annoying, I have a tendency to take things slow and careful so by the time I have some decent gear and am about to finish the level objective the chopper comes and goes.

Harrison
20th October 2011, 00:36
I'm not a huge fan of time limits either, as I also like to take time and explore the game as much as possible before progressing more.

Ghost
21st October 2011, 02:20
I think its this time limit that makes the game really unapproachable for a lot of gamers which is a shame as I do like the game, the looks and so on.
I have played Airborne Ranger only a couple of times but Fire Force could be seen as a side scrolling version of that game.