PDA

View Full Version : Cannon Fodder DS

Buleste
1st October 2011, 14:46
At long last the game that the DS was designed for has been converted. The all time classic Cannon Fodder. This is it's initial release so there are some bugs (save doesn't work and I'm not overly happy with the controls but they are better than other conversions) but all in all a good effort.

Here's (http://www.portabledev.com/pages/ds/jeuxdev.-perso/cannonfodder.php) the home page. It's in French but we won't hold that against them just run it through Google Translate.

Harrison
3rd October 2011, 16:01
Interesting. Will have to give it a go. I imagine stylus control is definitely the best control method for this style of strategy game. Although multi touch on tablets could work well I imagine.

Buleste
4th October 2011, 08:29
Interesting. Will have to give it a go. I imagine stylus control is definitely the best control method for this style of strategy game. Although multi touch on tablets could work well I imagine.

You would've thought the stylus would be the best way but because of the way the programmer has arranged the buttons (A to walk b,x, or y to fire) it means you'd have to be a south paw to be able to use the stylus effectively so the majority of us are left with the control pad.