PDA

View Full Version : UAE Wii 5.1

Demon Cleaner
27th September 2011, 09:13
Another version has been released, never tried Amiga emulation on Wii though.

http://code.google.com/p/uae-wii/

Harrison
27th September 2011, 12:59
I've still not tried Amiga emulation on the Wii yet either. Keep meaning to, but I know it isn't as good as emulators on other platforms, which has stopped me putting time aside to give it a go. I probably will at some point, but at the moment I'm hooked on Android emulators. Great fun and a perfect platform for them too.

Buleste
28th September 2011, 08:31
I'll have to give this a go as well.

J T
12th October 2011, 01:01
I really can't muster much enthusiasm for the Wii anymore, even with emulators and the like.

It was fun while it lasted, but really I haven't touched it for probably 2 years now. Should've sold it a long time ago.

Demon Cleaner
12th October 2011, 04:22
IIt was fun while it lasted, but really I haven't touched it for probably 2 years now. Should've sold it a long time ago.
Same here. Only keeping it for the sake of it.

Harrison
12th October 2011, 16:47
It definitely has the novelty factor, just like 3DTV or Kenect.

We also haven't really used our Wii that much in recent times. We will like the odd game of Golf on it because that is still fun. And we were addicted to Wii Party for a while, but the selection of mini games became boring and repetitive after a while. The Wii really hasn't seen any triple A games released since its early days of Mario Galaxy and Sonic and Mario Olympics, and Zelda. There really hasn't been anything of note I can think of in recent times.

Compare this to the 360 and PS3 and they are both seeing some very nice releases in recent times.

Maybe Nintendo are just ditching first party Wii development early and concentrating on that horrible next console of theirs.

J T
18th October 2011, 00:25
It definitely has the novelty factor, just like 3DTV or Kenect.

It's a real shame, as at first I loved the Wii, but that faded all too quickly. I think the party gaming aspect came at a time when my social life was changing away from drinking and gaming with the boys all the time to going out for dinner and conversation with couples or groups. Resi 4 and Mario Galaxy were awesome though, top top notch.

3DTV and Kinect really hold so little interest for me. I haven't even been bothered to try demo units at shops or have a go at friends houses.

Teho
18th October 2011, 16:18
came at a time when my social life was changing away from drinking and gaming with the boys all the time

..this period is supposed to end!? :huh:

Demon Cleaner
18th October 2011, 17:33
came at a time when my social life was changing away from drinking and gaming with the boys all the time

..this period is supposed to end!? :huh:

The only thing that changed for me would be ALL THE TIME. Still love to go sometimes for a drink ALONE with my friends.

Harrison
18th October 2011, 23:13
Regarding Nintendo, have you all noticed how the press are currently saying the 3DS has had very disappointing sales and it looking like it could be a failure for Nintendo? I heard this mentioned again recently on an episode of the BBC tech show Click and I realised I actually hadn't seen the 3DS anywhere recently in physical stores, or being promoted online. Complete contrast to normal for Nintendo, having been used to seeing Nintendo Characters everywhere promoting their latest hardware on billboards, TV and McDonald's, to name but a few. And until even last Christmas the NDSi and NDS-XL were being really heavily advertised. Very odd.

J T
18th October 2011, 23:45
I wonder if they are keeping it low-key before announcing a new model with two thumbsticks, to minimise the number of people buying one and then having to go and get that ridiculously stupid accessory.

The only thing that changed for me would be ALL THE TIME. Still love to go sometimes for a drink ALONE with my friends.

Well, who doesn't enjoy that? But now as we see each other less, when we do meet up for a drink we have things to catch up on and talk about, and rather do that than play games like we did 10 years ago. And as there isn't such a large group anymore, the party gaming phenomenon passed our group by. It's just the way it went.