PDA

View Full Version : Xcite Truck and Amiga music

v85rawdeal
14th March 2007, 11:13
Been recently playing XCite TRuck on Wii and decided to try out the custom music option, so copied a whole load of MP3 files from PC onto SD Card and slotted in Wii. Playiung quite happily when I got thouroughly distracted by the opening Bars of Zool coming out of the TV speakers... BIG crash occured and came last in race.

Has there ever been a time when game music has completely distracted you and caused you to mess up big style???

Harrison
14th March 2007, 11:56
Hmm... I don't think so. Normally if I use custom music I tend to set up a load of tracks that start making me better at a game. Some Heavy Metal for racing games normally works well as it gets the adrenaline increasing and in turn speeds up reaction times. ;)

It would be funny to do an experiment on some people and see what happens when completely unfitting music is mixed with games. For example sticking county in a beat 'em up or r 'n b in a FPS.

Demon Cleaner
14th March 2007, 15:48
I only listen to the sound of the game itself. I always turn the music off, as I'm more concentrated when I can hear the sounds around me, than the crap music that comes with the games. I could never imagine playing PES with the music on?? Only sound an NOOO commentary.

Even with racing games, I like to hear the sound of my car rather than the music. In GTA, the first thing I do when I get a car, I turn off the music. That's me. I d/l GTA once to test on the XBox and uploaded a Voïvod CD to it, that was great, but only for the fun. When playing SSX, I can imagine to listen to music.

Harrison
14th March 2007, 15:50
I hope you don't disable the music in RPGs too?

Demon Cleaner
14th March 2007, 16:04
Nope!! RPG's music's essential. I turn off mostly all menu music, as it's crap anyway. I hate music when playing sports games, when I play Madden, I don't wanna hear DMX with Jo Mama, that's it baby...

AlexJ
15th March 2007, 08:34
RPG are more like films, and so the music plays a part in setting the atmosphere. Sports games are supposed to be more like sports broadcasts so music shouldn't play a part in them. You wouldn't hear music during an F1 race (well in the UK at least, I know Speed in USA put music on just before going to an ad-break but not during the majority of the race)

Harrison
15th March 2007, 11:39
That is true, but games are a little different. I personally enjoy having the music playing during most games. Some get annoying because the music is basically crap, so it does get switched off. Only so much teen pop/rock rubbish I can endure.

J T
15th March 2007, 21:52
Got excite truck delivered for 20 quid the other day but haven't tried it yet, looking forward to it though, looks like fun :)

rayzorblue
15th March 2007, 23:27
Gotta say i think Excite Truck is an excellent game.
I think i will have to get an SD card so i can play tunes while i race though as the game music leaves a bit to be desired.