PDA

View Full Version : unknown Amiga demo name...

PO15KA
16th July 2011, 07:42
hi everyone!

this has been bugging me for quite some time...i have asked few months ago on Amibay but no response, maybe better luck here :)

years ago, back in Poland in 1990 when i was visiting a mate of mine who owned A500, he had a demo playing on his Amiga...the only thing i can remember was the tune and the main screen.
the tune was most likely Technotronics or Black Box, the screen had a white background with a cartoon-ish character in the center of the screen.

does anyone know this demo and its name?

best regards,
Marcin

Puni/Void
16th July 2011, 09:35
Hi there Marcin,

Welcome to the Classicamiga.com forum!

Do you remember anything else from the production? Was it a one-screen demo with scrollers and effects?

Hope you'll find the demo you are looking for! :)

Demon Cleaner
16th July 2011, 11:53
A little sparse description, if you consider how many demos there is. Could be difficult to find like that.

Shoonay
16th July 2011, 16:35
What kind of cartoon-ish character?

Budbrain MegaDemo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXV5-GkKUsk

PO15KA
17th July 2011, 00:43
apologies gents... so the music throughout the demo was black box or technotronics..thats for sure. the demo had a scrolling messages throughout the whole duration, and most likely no animation (except for the scrolling messages) whatsoever. there was a white background and a cartoon-ish character, i think it was a "clumsy" men falling over something. not animated, just still picture\drawing.

to me its more of a sentimental value (i know strange to have a sentimental meaning to a demo! right?) bcuase it was the FIRST ever demo\music demo i ever saw on amiga. the funny thing was, the mate who had the demo offered to copy it for me, but back then we were very poor and i ONLY had couple of 3.5" diskettes in my posession with stuff already on them so i refused :(

i did type in black box amiga demo in youtube but to no avail, few years ago. maybe one day someone will upload it and i hope to find it :)

Harrison
18th July 2011, 12:48
If you could work out what the Black Box song was that might help greatly.

_SoLO_
2nd October 2011, 15:58
I am pretty sure it's DIGITAL CONCERT III from Flash Prod.
Check the video on YT : youtube.com/watch?v=F0VIuVSU0j0

Puni/Void
3rd October 2011, 10:26
Hi there _SoLO_! Welcome to the forum! :)

I am pretty sure it's DIGITAL CONCERT III from Flash Prod.
Check the video on YT : youtube.com/watch?v=F0VIuVSU0j0