PDA

View Full Version : How did my PS3 erases my external HD?

Tiago
16th June 2011, 08:35
Hi,
Last monday, when i return from work, i turn my PS3 on, and i could not read my external HD.
I take it to my laptop, and he said it didnt had any partition on it. ??what??
the day before i played a game from it, everything was fine, i turn the PS3 off as usual, without removing the HD and then next day it was "clean".
I formated again in PC, and it's working again. It is the 2nd time it happends and i dont make any clue why.
Any ideas? Is there any problem in turning off PS3 with the HD plug in? It's not a physical turn off, it's software turn off, so i guess it has no problem.

Demon Cleaner
16th June 2011, 11:59
No idea, never happened to me and I don't really pay attention how I switch my external drive off.

burns flipper
16th June 2011, 12:21
If the file allocation table became corrupt, this would make it appear as if there were no files on there. Can you run it through some 'undeleter' software on your PC if it happens again?

Harrison
16th June 2011, 13:54
Sounds like it could be an issue with the external HDD itself, especially if it isn't the first time it has happened.

Tiago
16th June 2011, 15:00
Sounds like it could be an issue with the external HDD itself, especially if it isn't the first time it has happened.

Yes 2nd time with me, but i have a friend here, that he had the same problem in his HD in PS3... he told me that there is some reports on the web about it...

Harrison
16th June 2011, 21:14
Let us know if you discover the reason then.