PDA

View Full Version : Nectarine demoscence radio

Agram
8th March 2007, 20:40
Used to listen to this a few years back. Has a new layout now.

Plays demo music (including current PC), and gets the occasional game track.

Nectarine Demoscene Radio (http://www.scenemusic.net/).

Harrison
8th March 2007, 22:01
Nice, I've not seen this site before. :thumbs:

BTW, have you ever been to plopbox? I recommend that as another great streaming retro game and demo music site.

Puni/Void
8th March 2007, 22:09
The Plopbox site is really worth visiting. I've been listening to a lot of the tunes there, as they bring back some good memories. Great artists like Lizardking, XTD and so on are featured - can't go wrong with mods from those guys.

Agram
9th March 2007, 14:47
Plopbox seems pretty nice. Being able to skip tracks and loop the ones you enjoy is very nice.

Harrison
9th March 2007, 14:49
Plus you can also help them out by uploading new MOD and SID tracks for the site. I've also contacted them about their new player they are developing that will allow other sites to use it to stream audio from plopbox. Hopefully I will hear from them once they have it further in development and working.

Puni/Void
13th March 2007, 09:49
Hope you will hear from them about your question, Harrison. Would be nice with some mods playing in the background.

Agram
13th March 2007, 17:04
Would streaming the tracks consume consderably more of your monthly bandwidth?

Each track is fairly small, but I'm sure they will soon add. Especially if people cycle the tracks and it begins to loading the start of each skipped track.

Harrison
13th March 2007, 17:12
The problem is the currently there is no streaming MOD player available to use on our site. The one on Plopbox isn't available outside of their own site at the moment and it is the only one I currently know of that can play most of the Amiga MOD formats.

At the moment we are instead streaming MP3 music files instead which are around 3MB or more each so they will start to eat into the server monthly bandwidth when more get added. Not so much of a problem where bandwidth is concerned, more an issue of server space as a lot of 3MB MP3 files will increase the full site backup times a lot.

I have been searching for a proper serverside streaming MOD player that we can use, but other than Plopbox have not had much luck finding anything. If any of you come across one please let me know so I can test it and hopefully use it on the site.