PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here own an Xbox 360?

Harrison
8th March 2007, 15:29
I only know one person who owns a 360, compared to a lot who bought a Wii at Xmas and many others who are seriously considering a PS3 once it launches in the UK.

So I was wondering who here does actually have a 360? And if so what made you buy it and do you use it much? Is it connected to an HDTV?

I've been slightly tempted in the past to get a 360 based on a few games available, but then when I really look into it most of them are available on the PC anyway, and better suited to a keyboard/mouse control system (FPS).

One game due for release later this year interested me again. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. One reason I decided to purchase the original Xbox was due to Knights of the Old Republic being schedules for release on it later. But then I noticed the game is also marked for release on PS3 and PS2, so it looks like I will instead just get a PS3 as planned and still be able to play it, probably with even better graphics than the 360 version. :)

Submeg
8th March 2007, 21:49
meh, Xbox is Xbox....if you have a PC, you just play it on the PC...makes sense when its made by the company primarly known for PCs...

Harrison
8th March 2007, 21:55
Do I detect a sense of hatred towards the Xbox there?

That isn't quite true regarding the PC. One made 5 years ago would have a lot of trouble running more recent releases such as Oblivion.

Submeg
9th March 2007, 00:04
Hmm...the fact that Mircosoft think they need to have their finger in every pie...sorta pisses me off. Anyway, who would even bother playing new games on an old PC, my laptop doesnt even play half decent games and its only a year old!

Demon Cleaner
9th March 2007, 05:24
I've been slightly tempted in the past to get a 360 based on a few games available, but then when I really look into it most of them are available on the PC anyway, and better suited to a keyboard/mouse control system (FPS).Yep, a few games look great, like Lost Pastrol f.ex., but most are, as you mention, FPS, and as I'm not an FPS fan, it doesn't concern me. And if I'm gonna play an FPS some day, I will surely play it on the PC.

There was a great RPG release, Enchanted Arms, saw some trailers and it looked awesome. But unfortunately it only got average reviews at most sites, not being a top RPG.

And no, I don't know anybody yet who owns a 360, and I never saw one running, or touched a gamepad. I could of course buy one if I want, but I (still) just see no interest why I should.

Submeg
9th March 2007, 05:50
poor microsoft....

J T
9th March 2007, 08:54
2 of my mates have 360s. I've never had a go.

Not massively interested, although I wouldn't mind checking out the Zombie game (Dead Rising), and Crackdown looks like a bit of a laugh.

But other than those 2 I can't really think of anything else.

TiredOfLife
10th March 2007, 10:19
No, my hatred of microsoft is too strong.
Will wait for the PS3.