PDA

View Full Version : Movies 300

Demon Cleaner
7th March 2007, 09:15
Movie based on a Frank Miller's graphic novel. Will be released Friday 9th march. I've seen some trailers, and there are awesome visual effects.

IMdb link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/)

Harrison
7th March 2007, 11:00
I just looked at some of the photos and this does look good.

Teho
7th March 2007, 15:13
I've read the graphic novel it's based on, and that is really good. Considering how anal Miller is about someone adapting his work (he wouldn't let anyone touch Sin City until Rodriguez showed him exactly how accurately he was going to follow the books), this movie ought to be just as great. Can't wait! :)

Demon Cleaner
22nd March 2007, 00:40
WOW. Just finished watching the movie. I liked it very much, it's very dark and the visual effects are indeed awesome, gorgeous and outstanding. I had a very good XVid 2CD version of the movie :thumbs:

@Harrison: The film is still in my Easynews queue, 1.36GB. Get it and watch it ;)

Harrison
22nd March 2007, 07:29
Cool, thanks. I will download it now. :thumbs:

Been looking forward to this film since seeing the recent trailers and the stills.

Demon Cleaner
22nd March 2007, 12:53
The battle scenes are just awesome, I haven't seen any better until now.

Harrison
22nd March 2007, 13:52
I can't wait to watch it. I'm going to set it to download in a minute. Just need to reinstall Getright so I don't have any download problems that could affect your download quota.

Demon Cleaner
22nd March 2007, 16:07
I used GetRight for several years now, but lately it made me problems with Easynews, and it got quite annoying. Also it wouldn't start the d/l with small files I wanted to get. I now use Flashget, and it works fine together with the Firefox Flashgot extension.

Harrison
22nd March 2007, 18:20
Ah, I completely forgot about Flashget. I am now using that instead of Getright. I was put off of Getright when I tried to install it easlier and discovered it now comes with adware and a built in games arcade which I don't want in a download utility. Plus it costs money, whereas FlashGet is free!

I've now installed FlashGet and also installed the Firefox add-on FlashGot so that is all sorted, and the film is now downloading. :)

I had also forgotten about the useful little drag and drop icon it floats into the desktop. Very useful.

J T
26th March 2007, 21:25
Have you seen it yet?

I've heard opinions ranging from awesome to hard ghey (the guys in pants is a bit.... y'know...... funny looking :eyebrow: )

Harrison
26th March 2007, 21:35
I've not had chance to watch it yet, but hopefully will this week. I've already converted the files into a DVD and it is burnt and ready to watch. :)

Demon Cleaner
26th March 2007, 23:44
Go for it, I want to hear your opinion.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

rayzorblue
27th March 2007, 13:42
I went to the cinema to see it on opening night and was not disappointed, the battle scenes are amazing and it is a very faithful recreation of the graphic novel (as it would have to be with Frank Miller). The story of the Spartans is a fascinating one anyway and i had a lot of trouble convincing my mate it was based on a true story (300,000 Persians were happy slapped by King Leonidas and his 300) .
The acting is solid especially from Gerard Butler (Leonidas) and there is some great dialogue my favorite line being “It’s only an eye; the gods saw fit to grace me with a spare!” lol a great cinematic experience that 8 of us went to see with only one of us not raving about it when we left (but his favourite film is the fast and the furious lol).
I would heartily recommend this film to any fan of Millers and any fan of gory lush battle scenes.

Demon Cleaner
27th March 2007, 13:52
(but his favourite film is the fast and the furious lol):lol: Nuff said.