PDA

View Full Version : Anyone preordered a PS3?

Harrison
6th March 2007, 16:29
Has anyone in Europe preordered a PS3 for the launch day?

Personally I'm going to wait until the price drops a bit, more decent games are released, and a good mod chip is released. ;)

Oh, and once Blu-Ray writers are cheaper. :whistle:

Teho
6th March 2007, 16:47
I've preordered one. Just one of those things I couldn't wait for. :)

It's true that apart from Motorstorm and Resistance Fall Of Man, there aren't many games initially that look very exciting. And yes, it definitely is expensive if you're only getting it for the game-console side of it. But if you're like me and are getting it for the Blu-Ray player also, then it is a bargain. So I'm pretty excited. Also pretty sure that more titles worth getting will be available not too long after launch. The PS2 didn't take long to have quite a few decent titles out. Neither did the 360, or many other consoles. I don't see why it should be any different with the PS3.

Harrison
6th March 2007, 16:59
For a Blu-Ray player is definitely is a good deal, although the final outcome of the High Definition format war is far from even starting properly so we have no way of knowing if Blu-Ray will still be an option for films in a couple more years.

Personally I don't see Blu-Ray as failing simply because Sony own the rights to too many films! There are a lot of film studios owned by Sony including their more recent purchase of MGM.

As a games system I can see the PS3 going on much longer than the Wii or 360 just as the PS1 and PS2 did before it. Whatever people say against Sony, their system has always attracted the most developers and their great direct support to the development community has to be a part of this, although Microsoft do finally seem to be learning from this as they have been trying to up their level of support to developers of their system.

Very interesting times in video gaming and I look forward to seeing what happens this year.

Submeg
6th March 2007, 22:33
Yea I hope that all goes well, but I'm not getting one til the price drops...significantly!

Demon Cleaner
7th March 2007, 06:09
I never buy consoles at their initial release, I'll wait for bugfree versions, modchips, price dropping and whatever comes. As I'm not the hardcore gamer too, and I don't need Blu-Ray immediately, I can wait. Still have a lot to achieve on the PS2 ;)

Submeg
7th March 2007, 11:31
Same here...got lots of games to finish :dry:

AlexJ
8th March 2007, 09:07
The thing is, there's no real launch hype about it. I know when the PS2 launched, the launch games were only Ridge Racer 5 and Tekken Tag but there was all the anticipation of Metal Gear Solid 2. What big names have they announced to come out on the PS3 in the first 12 months or so?

Submeg
8th March 2007, 09:15
Well I havent heard anything, but "supposedly" MGS4 will be coming out on the PS3.

Harrison
8th March 2007, 10:03
A lot of the initial games are already released on the Xbox 360 or PC, but here is a rough list of initial games released in the UK on March 23rd 07:

Call of Duty 3
Armoured Core 4
NBA 2K7
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Virtua Tennis 3
Need for Speed Carbon
Ridge Racer 7
FEAR
MotorStorm
Full Auto 2
Formula One Championship Edition
Resistance: Fall of Man
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Genji: Dats of the Blade
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
MBA Street Homecourt
World Snooker Championship 2007
Godfather: The Don's Edition
Grip Shift
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Virtua Firghter 6
Lemmings
Go! Puzzle
Go! Sudoku
fl0w
Blast Factor
Elder Scrollers IV: Oblivion
Sonic the Hedgehog
NHL 2K7
Fight Round 3

And coming later this year to UK:

Madden NFL 07
Bladestorm: The hundred years' war
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Fatal Inertia
Eye of Judgement: conquerors of 9 fields
Bothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
SEGA Rally Revo
John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Half-Life 2: Orange Box
Assassin's Creed
Burnout 5
Home
Heavenly Sword
SingStar
Army of Two
Grand Theft Auto IV
Golden Compass, The
Fall of Liberty
Medal of Honour: Airbourne
DICE Project #1
Unreal Tournament 3
Clive Barker's Jericho
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Killzone PS3
Devil May Cry 4
Alone in the Dark
World Tour Soccr PS3
WipEout PS3
Colin McRae: Dirt
Codename: Panzers Next-Gen
Parabellum
Beowulf
Redwood Falls
Pteroden Project
Haze
Metro 2033: The Last Refuge
Resident Evil 5
The Wall
Gran Turismo 5
Beijing 2008
Avalon
Omikron KARMA
Alien

J T
9th March 2007, 09:43
PS3? Not really paid much attention to it really.

I haven't even played Wii for a while, just haven't had the time, and when we are relaxing at home my wife doesn't always want to watch me playing or join in (she lets me, good like that, but I know it bores her and I am, believe it or not, a fairly considerate soul). Portable gaming is currently where I'm at - good for the commute and I frickin LOVE my DS and flashcart :)

Submeg
9th March 2007, 10:14
lol all the way with DS! Havent touched it in a while, currently playing on the PS2...
- NHL 2k6 (or 7 which ever is the newest)
- Nascar '07
- B-Boy
- Final Fantasy XII

TiredOfLife
10th March 2007, 11:13
I agree with Demon totally, will wait for a while 1st.
Never got into hand helds.
But my eye sight isn't the best so there wouldn't be much point.
Totally into Scarface on the PS2 at the min.

Harrison
14th March 2007, 15:30
I've just been watching some PS3 game trailers and the few that caught my interest included Motorstorm (which is the main one most people mention, Resistance (quite a cool looking FPS) and Genji. Other than that there hasn't been any others I've seen that interest me so my PS3 purchase will definitely be a bit later.