PDA

View Full Version : Which game characters say Amiga to you?

Harrison
7th September 2010, 13:52
When you think of Commodore and the Amiga, which games and game characters instantly come to mind?

I want to add some fun to the site graphics by including some game characters and other sprite and graphic elements from games and maybe other software and OS elements, so some brain storming is needed. :)

Also, its just great to find out what you each instantly think of when Amiga is mentioned.

Teho
7th September 2010, 15:55
Turrican, Lemmings and Zool instantly comes to mind. Also the Pushover ant, Magic Pockets kid. P.P. Hammer, the cars from Nitro, Chuck Rock, those Ugh!-copters, Leander, Superfrog of course... And that's just what came to me immediately while typing this. Could probably make a pretty long list if I gave it some thought. ;)

Tiago
7th September 2010, 17:23
Lemmings
Superfrog
Syndicate
rick dangerous
the F6 Hellcat form wings of Fury
The helli from SWIV
the lotus Esprit from lotus turbo challenge

Demon Cleaner
9th September 2010, 12:58
Rick Dangerous... uaaaaah :lol:

Phantom
18th November 2010, 16:52
Rick Dangerous... uaaaaah :lol:

Exactly...:thumbs:

Jay
18th November 2010, 17:39
Sega had Sonic, Nintendo had the plumber, we got Zool. Oh and Guybrush Threepwood.

For some reason the salesman from Supercars II keeps popping into my head too?

J T
19th November 2010, 00:14
The kid in Kid Gloves
Wizkid
The hand holding the workbench disk
The little Sensi guys with the big heads.

Graham Humphrey
21st November 2010, 13:42
Yeah I always think of the Sensible characters too. With Sensible Soccer and Cannon Fodder they are probably some of the most iconic sprites in Amiga history.

Also Zool, not because I like it that much, but because of the hype and the high profile it had at the time, more than anything else.

Puni/Void
15th December 2010, 20:43
I think of Superfrog, Zool and (strangely enough!) Alfred Chicken! :D

hayesey
19th December 2010, 13:37
Cannon fodder soldiers
Putty
Chuck Rock

Menace
26th December 2010, 18:20
Not as many as i thought having owned a Megadrive ,Snes and various other systems too at the same time,Turrican always reminds me of the Amiga though also Garfield and Zool.
Strangely enough when i look at the original Super Mario Bros i always think of the Great Giana Sisters :lol:

Harrison
26th December 2010, 22:11
That was one thing with the Amiga, and all home computers of the era really... the consoles had their characters and fantasy worlds like the Mario and Sonic universes. Home Computers were never really the same, but there were a lot of symbolic icons/sprites that do remind us of the Amiga but not in the iconic way the consoles did.

Phantom
29th December 2010, 13:21
I forgot to add Sensible Software's little sprites (Cannon Fodder, SWOS, Sensible Golf etc)... :D