PDA

View Full Version : Alien Breed Impact PS3

Tiago
1st September 2010, 22:27
Downloaded Alien Breed Impact demo for the PS3 today.

:D i reminds me a lot the old Alien Breed from Miggy.
The game is quite nice, with the old "pass key stuff" to open doors and thinks like the old one. I enjoy a lot this demo, i think i will buy this one in PSN...

Anyone play it?

Harrison
1st September 2010, 23:34
The UK magazine EDGE gave it 6/10 which is actually a pretty good score for them as they are overly harsh on games and do for a change give honest and realistic scores. So anything over a 5 is worth playing. They said the game was very faithful to the original, but was missing something of the original game's gameplay enjoyment. They also mentioned that the gameplay seemed to be more difficult than the original, but they might have just been age or a rose tinted fondness for the original.

I've not played this new version yet myself.

Demon Cleaner
2nd September 2010, 09:27
Just checked out the trailer, looks cool! Might download it myself too, how much is it in the PS3 store?

Tiago
2nd September 2010, 15:25
dont remember but is less then 20 euros.

the game works only in 2 axes. It is only left/right ; forward/backward it does not have the up/down
so you only aim the aliens at 2 dimentions, (like the classic game) so it's good for waking and fire at the same time, since you dont have to aim up or down.

I found shouting games in consoles a bit more difficult then in PC because they gave no mouse, aiming with the controller it's not my easy (for me...). so in only 2 dimentions it's more easy... :D
with 3 axes i found myself a lot of times stoping to i can aim ... with mouse it doesnt happend.

Graphics are very nice, and gameplay is good to. While you are progressing in the game you can see where do you need to go, the game shows you a preview of where the action is going to take place.
a big difference to the old game is light system, the games is much more dark and you go with a (how do you say... spotlight?) attached to your rifle, so you can light the room better by the direction you aim.

You can also play with 2 players.
By the price they ask and by the feel you get from it i think it's a very good title, i will buy it !!

Demon Cleaner
6th September 2010, 12:16
I will then test the demo.

Tiago
6th September 2010, 12:20
i remember now, it is 14,99 euros in PSN

Sharingan
21st September 2010, 12:17
Kind of interested, but at 15 bucks, a bit steep :/

Might wait for it to drop in price, or until there's a special offer for it.

Demon Cleaner
21st September 2010, 12:39
The demo was good, looks really nice, but I have so many games still to play, so I won't spend 15 bucks on this one. Anyway, can't enter the PSN anymore, because of the jailbreak ;)

Harrison
21st September 2010, 15:39
Time for a second PS3 so you can?

Demon Cleaner
21st September 2010, 19:15
Already thought about a new slim one.