PDA

View Full Version : Radio? Nah, we've got EA.

AlexJ
2nd March 2007, 22:32
Now you've probably realised by now EA (Electronic Arts) aren't my favourite video game company. But today I read an article which made me laugh. It's about EA putting some of their in-game music onto iTunes. In it, Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing at EA says:

"EA games have helped launch the careers of such artists as Good Charlotte, Jet, Franz Ferdinand, Scissor Sisters, Arctic Monkeys and Fabolous just to name a few."

What a load of crap. I didn't realise 50% of those artists had been in EA games. Of the others, I though Arctic Monkeys were supposedly signed due to their MySpace page and I doubt the others were on an EA game before they'd signed a record deal, and had radio airtime. It's just trying to grab onto the back of those bands' successes.

Harrison
2nd March 2007, 22:39
Typical marketing tactics. Most people are not bright enough to realise this and just believe everything at face value. Why else would so many people by The Sun newspaper for example!

AlexJ
2nd March 2007, 23:19
Oh, the link to the full article, which I forgot to post is http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a43374/ea-releases-in-game-music-for-ipods.html

Submeg
3rd March 2007, 12:17
How lame...EA are idiots :doh2:

J T
9th March 2007, 14:02
I had one of the SSX (think it was Tricky) games for PS2 and it had a great soundtrack.

But yeah, from that snippet you posted it blatantly sounds like EA trying to get kudos for something they didn't really play much part in. Typical of business I guess.