PDA

View Full Version : Captain Blood sequel ???

Tiago
6th June 2010, 14:55
Yesterday i on youtube and i found Commander Blood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_Blood

Commander Blood is a science fiction adventure game that was developed by Cryo Interactive, a French company that also created Captain Blood (released in 1988). Designed to run on DOS, Commander Blood was released in 1994. Big Bug Bang, the sequel to Commander Blood, was released in 1996, but is only available in French.

Anyone played this game? Is it good? Captain blood i thing is a fantastic game, if this is a true sequel i would love to try it. :)

Buleste
6th June 2010, 16:44
Not tried it but you can find more info here. (http://www.squakenet.com/computer_games/7192/Commander-Blood/download.html)

Bloodwych
6th June 2010, 22:23
Loved the eerie feeling of C.Blood. Nice spot.

Never heard of this, but it sound like it wasn't great although made by the same people.

Harrison
8th June 2010, 00:29
I'm a huge fan of Captain Blood. If you look at the main site you might spot this by the amount of detail I've added to the Captain Blood game entry. Being a big Jarre fan back in the late 80's, the arrival of the game, featuring an original music score by him was something very special.

Sadly the game was not its best on the Amiga, but was instead best on the Atari ST!!!! Why? Because it contained better audio. Hard to believe, but true! The aliens actually spoke in the ST version, but not the Amiga one. And I completed the game on an ST the year it came out. Great experience. :)

I know of the sequel, Commander Blood, and even have a copy somewhere. It was quite different to the original and definitely not as good. It was at the time when the "multimedia PC" buzz was taking place and all PC games were fighting to get the best use of FMV and MIDI in their games. Commander Blood featured puppeteer FMV for the aliens, but they altered the appearance of many of them, compared to the original game.

The sequel also changed the story from the original and so it didn't quite hold up as a sequel.

As for a third game, I've never heard of one existing. I just had a look at Big Bug Bang on Mobygames and it sounds like a mix of Captain Blood and Spore. Could be interesting to play. I know it is in French, but I expect it would be fairly easy to work out as the game interface is identical to Commander Blood.

Tiago
18th January 2011, 16:10
Captain Blood that we are talking about is not related to the movie Captain Blood, it's a different story.
Captain Blood video game (Atari, Amiga) is a space game. the movie is about a saylor in a past century.
There is now a Captain Blood game for Xbox based on that movie novel. Nothing related to the one we are talking

Harrison
18th January 2011, 16:21
I take it you were replying to a post above your own that has since been removed? We have had some spammers on the site lately that use advanced automated techniques, taking the existing posts in a thread, and using the internet to gain related facts, then post a reply that seems to be a real person replying. The fact this one seemed to have take Captain Blood and linked it to the film, rather than the game, shows its flaws.

Teho
18th January 2011, 16:29
Yeah, that was one of the posts I removed today. Sorry Tiago, didn't see you had allready replied to it. I would've left the post so yours would make sense if I had. :(

burns flipper
19th January 2011, 11:56
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/constructive.png