PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE v0.80 Beta 3

Demon Cleaner
21st May 2010, 12:30
Main goal of the third beta is to implement a working AGA function.

Download here (http://pspuae.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=c6bdfaf0dd064bf2b806d79428c55fbc&action=tpmod;dl=item293).

Harrison
21st May 2010, 13:39
Working AGA. Nice! Will test this out. :)

FOL
8th May 2011, 12:54
Hi,

Not sure if you all know this, but I have release BETA 13. Alot of things are very playable now.
I have disabled AGA support for now, until I make the changes I want.

Harrison
9th May 2011, 15:31
Thanks for the update. Will be testing it out later this week.

Great to read that compatibility is continuing to improve.

FOL
30th September 2011, 01:14
We are beta 19 now, :).
Lots more speed, squeezed out of it.

Slowed deving down for the time being.
Site was badly hacked, so still recovering from that at the moment.

Harrison
30th September 2011, 17:24
Nice. Will have to check it out.

Sorry to hear your site was hacked. I hope you can recover everything.

Demon Cleaner
1st October 2011, 11:44
That's really annoying. Sorry about that mate.

Sephiroth81
26th October 2011, 15:01
Sorry guys, but where can I obtain the latest (beta 19) version of PSPUAE V0.80?

My main issues with the PSP version of this was speed....I know the PSP isn't a powerhouse, but it does seem to fall quite a bit short of the Wii version. The Android version too. Having said that, the V0.80 edition i am using was probably from 2010....so hopefully some major improvements?

Harrison
26th October 2011, 16:42
The emulators main developer FOL changed his website to http://www.pspuae.com/ You can download all versions from there, plus get support.

Sephiroth81
26th October 2011, 20:27
The emulators main developer FOL changed his website to http://www.pspuae.com/ You can download all versions from there, plus get support.

Ta. I downloaded BETA 13 i think of PSPUAE, and there is still a lot of work to do......and lets face it, probably too much. The PSP only has a 333mhz processor, and the Amiga is notoriously tricky to emulate - even my 1.6Ghz 2 year old netbook has some issues, let alone on a 6/7 year old handheld!

I'm going to remain optimistic for UAE4Droid and WiiUAE though.....definitely feasible A500 emulation on both of these.

Harrison
27th October 2011, 14:42
Have you also tried the new recently released Android Amiga emulator DroidPUAE?

I wrote about it here: http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/showthread.php/4725-DroidPUAE-Another-Amiga-emulator-for-Android-phones!-%29

No sound yet, but it emulated AGA and looks very promising.

Sephiroth81
29th October 2011, 15:24
Have you also tried the new recently released Android Amiga emulator DroidPUAE?

I wrote about it here: http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/showthread.php/4725-DroidPUAE-Another-Amiga-emulator-for-Android-phones!-%29

No sound yet, but it emulated AGA and looks very promising.

I did try to download another non marketplace Amiga emulator, may have been this one.....but i found it impossible to set up, perhaps i was being stupid, but the initial setup seemed hugely fiddly and confusing.

I'll give this a go. Hope the development team can get the sound running soon too. I think all of us Amiga fans are desperate for a perfect handheld solution to Amiga emulation - the Xperia Play is surely the perfect platform for it, and has plenty of grunt to make it less challenging to port/create than the PSP.

FOL
7th May 2013, 21:15
Has it really been this long since I actually updated / worked on PSPUAE, :(.

Harrison
8th May 2013, 01:47
Have you abandoned it completely? It just no time sure to Amigakit?

Any thought on the Vita?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

FOL
8th May 2013, 10:47
Have you abandoned it completely? It just no time sure to Amigakit?

Any thought on the Vita?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Not abandoned, dont get much time these days, :(.

FOL
28th June 2013, 12:02
Just to update;

Horace has managed to get it working on the ViTA. Details over on www.ultimateamiga.co.uk

I have put it on hold for the moment, Wiped PC, so need to set it back up (trying to get Mountain Lion, Win8 and Ubuntu all triple booting. So I can code on all three). Plus I have to tidy source, as I have made a mess with all the recent changes, like z3 RAM, HDD (busted), code tweaks.

If the Vita can overclock the PSP emu, then we could see a full speed PSPUAE on the ViTA.

Demon Cleaner
28th June 2013, 14:00
Funny, I just read about it, and the homepage is blocked for me here at work, because I wanted to know how this emulator performs so far, and how it performs on an Android platform?

Harrison
28th June 2013, 15:28
Great to hear its working on the Vita. Would be brilliant if it finally allows full speed emulation as the Vita has more than enough cpu power.

Demon Cleaner
28th June 2013, 16:04
Oh darn, I got the wrong thread, thought you would be talking about PPSSPP, because that was now released in version 0.8.1. sorry :o