PDA

View Full Version : Games section finished

Demon Cleaner
27th February 2007, 19:19
I'm happy and proud to announce that the games section on the main page is now finished. There are still some rather unknown games missing, which I will check the next days to come, but all major releases are added, almost 4000 entries.
:BottomsUp:

Teho
27th February 2007, 19:35
That's great! Really good work guys, that really was a huge task. :)

Harrison
27th February 2007, 22:16
It is great to have the majority of the game entries finally entered into the site. A lot of the work is down to DC, spending more time than is healthy inputting all the game data, although what else would he do whilst at work? ;) :lol:

I will also be looking through the database in the next few days and adding any games I find are missing, and everyone else, please feel free to add any information missing from any existing entries, or add any games you spot are still missing from the database.

Next on with the even bigger task of creating screenshots for all of the entries!

Demon Cleaner
27th February 2007, 22:32
spending more time than is healthy inputting all the game dataThat is correct, I always felt kind of dizzy after 5-6 hours straight games adding. And also my eyes hurt/burn because of sitting in front of the screen, watching it closely.

what else would he do whilst at work?Well ask my boss ;) And seriously, sometimes I wanted to do other things for myself too, but I kept on till it was finished, and at least now, I'm a bit relieved. Don't know how many hours I spend on this :owned:

Next on with the even bigger task of creating screenshots for all of the entries!Right, but we have more time, and can chose which games to add screens first. And along the screenshot capturing, we can actually play the games themselves, which is quite a reward, at least for some of them.

AlexJ
27th February 2007, 23:09
Next on with the even bigger task of creating screenshots for all of the entries!

Yep, but there's more of us for this task (or there will be once the pinball competition finishes!). Still, it's going to be a huge job.

Harrison
28th February 2007, 00:18
It definitely will be more fun creating the screenshots for sure. :)

I will also designate myself to add the cheats/tips I have access too which is a fair few from the LSD Doc disks and many other sources. :) This is the next thing I will be concentrating on adding.

Demon Cleaner
28th February 2007, 00:27
I have a program installed at work, don't know what it's called anymore, but it has a huge database of cheats. I think I will add the cheats and any additional data together to the games when uploading the screenshots too.

And there exists a great page about amiga cheats called OLLIvision (http://www.ollivision.de/), but I think it's fully in german, but as the game name and the cheats are in english too, there shouldn't be a problem.

Puni/Void
28th February 2007, 09:22
Congratulations on a job well done! It's great news that the games section is now finished. Adding screenshots and additional information will be fun. :)

J T
28th February 2007, 09:46
Wow, you guys have worked hard on this one, very well done indeed. :thumbs:

Submeg
28th February 2007, 11:11
Awesome work there ppls! yes time for the screenshots!