Khephren
29th March 2010, 17:57
I'm selling the old girl to get some much needed funds:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=57811#post57811

A4000T, warpengine 040/40, PAR card, Picasso IV 4MB, CD-ROM. 42MB RAM
£700

Phantom
29th March 2010, 20:02
Nice machinery. Too bad that you're selling it. You're leaving the Amiga scene, huh?:no:

Khephren
29th March 2010, 20:23
Nah, still got my original A1200 from '92! (030/50) Will miss the 24bit though. Wish they did graphics cards for the A1200D
I bought the 4000T for 3D rendering (lightwave etc), but obviously a PC is faster these days :(
But i recently lost my job and need the cash, and i'm sure there are people out there who would make better use of it than I am.
I used to have A 4000D as well, but i gave it to a needy soul on amiga.org ( I got it for free, so it was only fair)

On cheerier news, the last game I worked on sims2 apartment pets (on DS) I slipped an A4000T into it ;)

cheers,

Mark

Harrison
30th March 2010, 01:43
Well, you can get graphics cards for the A1200! The Blizzard PPC boards for the A1200 can be connected up with a special graphics card, and it is meant to be the best card on any Amiga.

There is also the AGA flicker fixer you can fit internally to the A1200 that adds Hi Graphics modes to the system.

Khephren
30th March 2010, 07:07
Hi Harrison,
A graphics card that does not require a tower case? now i'm interested!

What iv'e always wanted was an RTG (high colour) workbench and paint apps for the A1200. An indivision is not quite what i'm after, i'd like more graphics speed, and more colours on the desk top. We all know how sluggish AGA is in more than 64 colours :(

Now, if someone could write an AGA HAM driver for one of the RTG packages, with processor chunky graphics, that (might) do the trick!

Stephen Coates
30th March 2010, 12:18
I don't know too much about it, but the Blizzard Vision is the one which attaches to a Blizzard PPC. It will give you a VGA port which you can attach to the back of your A1200 desktop case. You will get a higher resolution and more colours.

If you don't already have a Blizzard PPC, I would expect to spend at least a third of your A4000T price on one. I don't know how much a BVision would cost much, but probably a lot.

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=462

Harrison
30th March 2010, 12:34
As Steve said, the BVision is the graphics card, and it connected to the Blizzard PPC card. These is designed to fit into and work in a standard desktop A1200 case and it gives true colour graphics, and faster than any of the big box zorro cards seen over the years. It is the fastest native Amiga graphics card, without moving over to PCI bus boards and PC PCI graphics cards.

The Blizzard PPC boards, and the BVision cards are very rare these days, and quite hard to find. However they do still appear. I would however expect to pay a lot to get both together, they are that rare!

However, I just looked on Amibay and there is still an open sale for a BVision card here:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=3086

It was originally posted in September 2009, and updated as still available, so you could contact the seller to see if it is still available. Only €100 too.

I've also seem Blizzard PPC boards on Amibay offered for under €300, so it is worth keep checking as one will come up for sale at some point soon. So in theory you could get a PPC and BVision for a total of about €400.

There is also a current Blizzard PPC card for sale on Amibay that has been upgraded in the extreme and currently selling for £600. Extreme because it has been upgraded to a 66MHz 060 and a 330MHz 603e! Now that is fast! Possibly the fastest Amiga you will get. And this isn't overclocked, but a replaced PPC. Something quite special, and if I had the spare cash myself I would be buying it.

Buleste
30th March 2010, 13:56
I saw an untested BVision go for £10.50 the other week on fleabay. There are real bargains out there.

Harrison
30th March 2010, 14:53
That is a real bargain. I would have grabbed that myself had I seen it.

You do sometimes need to hunt on ebay for things as people often stick them in wrong categories, or give the sales strange titles that don't really describe the items.

Khephren
30th March 2010, 16:18
I saw an untested BVision go for £10.50 the other week on fleabay. There are real bargains out there.

lol i just bought a real bargain mini laptop from there, now iv'e got to learn to solder to get any use out of it! Should have stayed away from buying from hong Kong, would cost more to send back than it did to buy!

Harrison
30th March 2010, 16:32
Yep, Hong Kong is definitely a seller location to avoid. Although I have picked up a couple of bargains from HK sellers in the past, the postage time is weeks, and as you say, it isn't worth returning anything if it is broken.

Khephren
30th March 2010, 18:17
True I've had some real good purchases from dealextreme, so I guess I was due a bad one eventually!

Phantom
30th March 2010, 21:55
Prefer Europe only for obvious reasons of course.