PDA

View Full Version : Yoda Soccer Project

Demon Cleaner
21st February 2007, 12:06
Remix of Sensible Soccer with some newer features.

http://yodasoccer.sourceforge.net/

Harrison
21st February 2007, 12:59
This is a very interesting project. I will have to give the beta a play.

I noticed in the what section that they only mention up to SWOS 98 and say how bad it was, but fail to mention the better more recent releases. Lets hope they haven't crossed any copyright issues with this game as it is looking very good from the screenshots.

I noticed they have LAN play listed as a possible future idea to add. This would be cool then we could all have a tournament!

AlexJ
21st February 2007, 16:00
Provided they don't use the original SS graphics, they'll be OK. Oh and club names/logos can be trademarks. Apart from that they should be fine.

Wow it's being programmed in BlitzMax (the 5th generation version of Blitz Basic which was originally on the Amiga).

Harrison
21st February 2007, 16:50
Yeah I noticed it was coded in BlitzMax. Quite cool.

Submeg
21st February 2007, 21:53
Hmm, the original running again? I dunno, I can always dig out the original. Whats going to make me want to play this one over the other?

Harrison
22nd February 2007, 00:46
Have a look at the site to see for yourself. There should be more customisation open to players as well as more options and updated graphics and gameplay.

Submeg
22nd February 2007, 01:18
I did check it out, I had a look at the screenshots, and it looked the same. Hmm...maybe the faces are better...Ok, I checked more carefully, looks quite nice. I have the version on PS2, that is alot of fun.

Demon Cleaner
22nd February 2007, 06:28
I have the version on PS2, that is alot of fun.Yep, but only for 30 minutes.