PDA

View Full Version : WinUAE 2.0.2 Beta 11

Demon Cleaner
15th February 2010, 04:47
Beta 11:

Zip updated and fixed:

* DMS crash

Beta 11:

* hpos "offset" was accidentally changed (DFF006 = 0000 is possible)
* .cd32 rom file extension added (missed when .a500, .a1200 and .a4000 was added long time ago)
* b10 interrupt issues at least partially fixed (freezing or crashing demos)
* code cleanup, compiles as C++ now (do not worry, this is not "just add hundreds of casts to make it compile") This project has gotten so big that plain C is making things painful (for example archive filehandling would be less messy if written properly in C++, core emulation works fine in C, also future wxwidgets GUI is now at least theoretically possible..) This should also make portability simpler, easier to have better "insulation" between portable and OS specific code. Anyway, nothing really changes until (much) later...

Random things can be broken! Report all kinds of undocumented changes compared to previous betas and 2.0.1.

Harrison
15th February 2010, 16:10
The DMS fix is good as I have loads of zipped DMS files for demos.

Demon Cleaner
16th February 2010, 11:26
The DMS fix is good as I have loads of zipped DMS files for demos.Yeah, and one thing is, with every new release, I don't even bother to check out what was fixed or done working, because I don't understand one word anyway :lol:

As long as I can still play some games or check out demos, I'm fine.

Harrison
16th February 2010, 12:23
Very true. Many of the more technical fixes are beyond me too. Especially anything that refers to anything at the hardware level of emulation. I'm always glad they include an easy to understand explanation in brackets next to each.

But as you say, as long as it continues to run everything it always has, and with each new version fixes things to make even more can run, then I'm very happy.