PDA

View Full Version : New! The Top 100 Amiga Games of all Time

Harrison
11th February 2010, 11:59
I'm pleased to announce the launch of the survey:

The Top 100 Amiga Games of All Time!

Our goal is to get as many Amiga fan to take part as we can, so we can create the definitive Top 100 list of Amiga games of all time.

You will be asked during the survey to select your personal Top 10 Amiga games from a list of over 300 games. Each person's Top 10 will then be combined to decide the final Top 100 games list, which will be published once the survey is concluded.

Due to the total number of games released for the Amiga over the years, we decided it would not be possible to include them all. Instead, using a selection process, we picked the most popular and best games released for the Amiga to offer a choice of 300 games for you to pick from. We hope all of your favourites are included, and apologise if we have missed any out.

Please visit http://top100amigagames.classicemu.com to take part.

Notes

You have to register to take part in this survey, and will be emailed a unique access url to take part once you have. Your registration details will not be used for anything other than this survey, as the registration is only to ensure that each person taking part only submits their game choices once.

On the second page of the survey we are asking additional information about each person taking the survey, but you do not have to complete these questions if you do not wish to. However these questions will help us build a better picture of the Amiga fans still supporting this great system today.

Tiago
11th February 2010, 12:35
Well done Harrison,

looking forward to see the results

Demon Cleaner
11th February 2010, 13:04
My votes are done :thumbs:

Buleste
11th February 2010, 16:04
Ditto.

arnljot
17th February 2010, 16:59
Dune 2 - The Battle For Arrakis
Lemmings
Pinball Dreams
The Secret of Monkey Island 2
Civilisation
Colonisation
Defender of the Crown
The Secret of Monkey Island
The Settlers
Gravity-Force
Breathless
North & South
Syndicate
Worms: The Directors' Cut
Golden Axe
Mega-lo-Mania
Pang!
Pinball Fantasies
Simon the Sorcerer II
Cannon Fodder 2
Rainbow Islands
Beneath a Steel Sky
Crazy Cars 2
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge 2
Pinball Illusions
Superfrog
Another World
Super Stardust
Xenon 2
Pirates Gold!
Theme Park AGA
Flashback
Jaguar XJ220
Oil Imperium
New Zealand Story
Stunt Car Racer
Cruise For A Corpse
Frontier - Elite 2
Gloom Deluxe
International Karate + (IK+)
PP Hammer
Super Cars 2
Knights of the Sky
Project X
Agony
Moonstone
Railroad Tycoon
Zool 2
Chuck Rock
Hybris
Ports of Call
Shadow of The Beast 2
Flight of the Amazon Queen
UFO: Enemy Unknown
Ugh!
Wing Commander
Operation Stealth
SilkWorm
Nuclear War
Populous II
Rodland
Sword of Sodan
A-Train
Turrican II
Wings
Beach Volley
Flood
Wings of Fury
Battle Squadron
Cadaver
T-Zer0
Body Blows
Sensible World Of Soccer 96-97

madpierre06
18th February 2010, 20:41
Great idea. Voted, and really looking to see how it pans out. Of course, there can really only be one Number One, Wings.

Harrison
19th February 2010, 02:14
Hi madpierre06 and welcome to CA. Wings is one of my favourites too. Sadly with the voting so far it isn't at the top, but you will be pleased to know that it is safely within the current Top 100 as it stands, with 168 people having voted so far. :)

Harrison
19th February 2010, 02:15
@arnljot (http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/member.php?u=566).

No point posting a Top 100 in this thread. You need to submit your Top 10 within the survey itself to enter it into the final results.

You will however have a chance to submit more in the next survey which will launch once the Top 100 is concluded.

Puni/Void
19th February 2010, 07:44
Great idea. Voted, and really looking to see how it pans out. Of course, there can really only be one Number One, Wings.

Wings is truly one of the better games released for the Amiga. Will be interesting to see if it reaches the top ten. Problem is that it competes with classics like Moonstone and Monkey Island. I guess we're in for a tight finish. ;) I'm personally putting my bets on SlamTilt, the greatest pinball game of all times. :cool:

Harrison
19th February 2010, 11:30
So far slamtilt is there in the mix, along with Monkey island and Moonstone. Wings isn't yet as high up the voting, which is a little disappointing, but there is still lots of voting to compile into the results that has happened since I took a look at the first 100 submissions, so positions can easily change completely once all the submitted votes have been sorted through.

Submeg
20th February 2010, 01:31

Wings is truly one of the better games released for the Amiga. Will be interesting to see if it reaches the top ten. Problem is that it competes with classics like Moonstone and Monkey Island. I guess we're in for a tight finish. ;) I'm personally putting my bets on SlamTilt, the greatest pinball game of all times. :cool:

WINGS WINGS WINGS! WINGS Wins! :)

Harrison
23rd February 2010, 16:14
We have now had a staggering 400 people submit their votes into the survey, and a total of 614 people registering to take part, so hopefully more will be completing the survey and submitting their results in the coming days.

400 people submitting their votes is more than I was ever hoping for, although I have secretly been hoping to hit 500 votes as that would be a great number to have voting on the survey to make it show a lot of the community took part.

Demon Cleaner
23rd February 2010, 16:43
That's really nice, I thought that only a small amount of people would take part in the survey. This will also be good for future surveys.

Tiago
23rd February 2010, 17:03
We have now had a staggering 400 people submit their votes into the survey, and a total of 614 people registering to take part, so hopefully more will be completing the survey and submitting their results in the coming days.

400 people submitting their votes is more than I was ever hoping for, although I have secretly been hoping to hit 500 votes as that would be a great number to have voting on the survey to make it show a lot of the community took part.

Are you getting votes from many places? Apart from europe, do you have votes from Australia? South and North America? Africa? Asia?

Harrison
24th February 2010, 10:18
I've not put together the survey information about each person taking part yet, but looking through it quickly, most people are from Europe, Canada and USA. Especially Poland, UK and Germany.

Harrison
2nd March 2010, 13:14
Voting for the Top 100 will be closing next Monday 8th March, so if you haven't got your votes in yet please be quick.

Thank you to everyone who has so far taken part and voted for their favourite games. We have now had over 500 votes submitted, so the final results will be constructed from the votes of a lot of Amiga fans.

I will also be sending a reminder email this week to everyone who has registered to take part, but has not yet completed their voting and submitted their entry, to give them a final chance to submit their votes.

If possible I hope to have the results compiled and ready to be released towards the end of next week.

madpierre06
2nd March 2010, 17:15
Hi madpierre06 and welcome to CA. Wings is one of my favourites too. Sadly with the voting so far it isn't at the top, but you will be pleased to know that it is safely within the current Top 100 as it stands, with 168 people having voted so far. :)

G'Day Harrison, and thanks for the welcome. I've been here previously, life got in the road and couldn't remember my previous details so very happy to rekindle interest and rejoin through the Top 100 poll.

Phantom
4th March 2010, 16:14
I've voted long time ago. Waiting for the final results.:)

antonvaltaz
7th April 2010, 12:46
Is the top 100 going to be revealed any time soon?

Harrison
7th April 2010, 16:05
Yes it is. I haven't had chance to sort out all of the results into the final presentation yet. Next week it will be revealed.

Phantom
7th April 2010, 17:16
Can't wait.:)

juvuk
8th April 2010, 07:48
is it done yet?

Phantom
10th May 2010, 16:13
Bump. :p