PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 x64 and UAE version

Agram
17th January 2010, 14:05
Just checking if anyone else has had a problem with Classic Workbench UAE version with Windows 7 64-bit?

Downloaded Classic WB early January 2010, but don't have the computer I installed it on available to check details (in a different location). Anyway, I couldn't get it to load until I replaced the WinUAE.exe file with that from WinUAE 2.0.1

I don't remember if I tried right click and run as administrator to see if that made any difference. But once the WinUAE file was replaced it loaded without issue.

Bloodwych
17th January 2010, 21:38
That's fine, just run with WinUAE 2.0.1

The UAE pack still runs an older version of WinUAE as I haven't thoroughly tested the newer version.

Looks like older versions of WinUAE don't like newer 64bit operating systems, so I'll be forced to update the pack to the latest anyway. :)

Harrison
18th January 2010, 14:35
I've been running WinUAE with Vista Ultimate 64bit for a long time. I think around 1.4 was the first one I used with it, and never had any issues. Maybe there is something in Windows 7 that causes problems that doesn't exist in Vista 64bit? I'm not sure. :unsure:

Bloodwych
18th January 2010, 19:39
It might be another issue then, like Admin privileges required for the older version.

I've updated the pack to the latest anyway - that way I guess it helps out in development of the latest release.

Harrison
19th January 2010, 13:44
That could be true as one of the first things I do when installing Vista or Win7 is to remove the account control rubbish, so I never encounter such issues.

I will be installing Win 7 Ultimate 64bit later this week on one of my systems and will give ClassicWB a test then and let you know if I encounter any issues.