PDA

View Full Version : Boing Bag 3 released for OS3.9!

Harrison
8th January 2010, 16:41
Boing Bag 3 is a community effort that has accomplished the difficult task of upgrading, enhancing and bugfixing AmigaOS 3.9. Between many important goals achieved, we can mention the following features which may give you a quick overview of this project:

Large hard disk support, LBA48 support, extending the possible disk sizes to 128 petabytes (131,072 terabytes).
A more robust and faster TCP/IP stack
New video drivers for wide screen monitor support and enhanced graphic modes
A fully working web browser
Huge amount of bugfixes that improve system stability and behaviour
Impressive update of system components, adding a lot of new features

And much more...

http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/

Gulliver
18th January 2010, 06:04
And please dont forget to check on the BoingBag 4 development, for that surf to...

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

http://lilliput.host-cafe.com :thumbs:

Harrison
18th January 2010, 13:31
Thanks for that info Gulliver. Great to see development is continuing even further with OS3.9.

I'm so glad the 68K branch of the Amiga OS is still being supported and developed by fans as I just don't see much point in moving to PPC and OS4 as it is a deadend without much software support.

Keep up the great work. :thumbs:

woody.cool
15th April 2010, 19:47
I had NO IDEA that this existed!

Phantom
15th April 2010, 19:58
Yes, and it works now with AfAOS 4.7.

woody.cool
15th April 2010, 20:13
Yes, and it works now with AfAOS 4.7.
Last time I tried AfAOS, I couldn't get it to work .... is it any good?
If so, is it easy to install? I must try AfAOS just for a laugh tbh!
Do I need a proper WB installed first? or will AfAOS just work straight off?

Phantom
15th April 2010, 20:23
Unfortunately, I tried several times to install it but no luck. With the new version and the new version of icon_lib I hope that it will work.

It's really don't a big task to install AfAOS in your system, you have to be extremely lucky and pray to work.

With AfAOS, you can have PNG icons, antialiased fonts, and new themes etc... :thumbs: (everything that a new OS has)