PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Title

Niagara
14th September 2009, 14:29
Hi,
I am looking for an arcade title.

It's a shoot'em up that uses the same principle as Space invaders except for 2 things;

° First; it doesn't have the blocks to hide behind on the bottom of the screen

° The screen starts empty and the enemies come flying in in waves of 2 rows, during which you can shoot them and they shoot at you. The surviving enemies of each wave take on a formation just like space invaders.
When the last wave has taken its place, they come down one by one and attack you.

Another game that resembles it very welll is Gyruss. That game has the same scenario.Only, the one i am looking for has the Space Invaders-perspective, rather than the circular Gyruss one.

In short; Plays like Gyruss, looks like Space Invaders without the blocks.
That's the closest i can get to it.

Thanx for you time!
Nia.

Buleste
14th September 2009, 16:32
Sitting Duck?;)

Tiago
14th September 2009, 17:38
In Zx-Spectrum there is "galaxians" ... similar to that... don't know if the same game exists on Amiga...

Harrison
14th September 2009, 22:04
It sounds like Galaga... ?

Demon Cleaner
15th September 2009, 06:06
It sounds like Galaga... ?Surely it sounds like Galaga, but in Gyruss you can turn around 360 degrees, which is not in Galaga.

J T
16th September 2009, 11:48
Another game that resembles it very welll is Gyruss. That game has the same scenario.Only, the one i am looking for has the Space Invaders-perspective, rather than the circular Gyruss one.

;)

I was thinking Galaga (or one of its clones) as I read the first post, too.

Demon Cleaner
16th September 2009, 12:05
Well, you can always have a look at the screenshots of Deluxe Galaga on our main site here (http://www.classicamiga.com/content/view/4528/191/).