PDA

View Full Version : My PC controlling the railroad layout

Tiago
25th July 2009, 01:52
Finally !!!! after many hours i did the connection. :lol: :) :D

I got my Laptop taking control of my rail modelling layout and i did it wireless !!!

I am using a router to connect to my Marklin Central Station II.
I am now able to control my trains from the sofa !! :)

Did a video,
Check This out :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9B1YulN_QA

Harrison
25th July 2009, 02:01
Looks great.

Makes me wish I never sold all my model railway a few years ago.

The software looks fairly easy to control too.

Tiago
25th July 2009, 02:07
Yes it's very friendly to use.

it took me a while to set it up but in the end i am very happy with it.
Still learing in how to use it, basic commands are very easy, but you can make some difficult stuff like programing routes.
You can use "IFs" like programing:
If locomotive is there then turnout goes straight, and light signal goes red and train stop and train 2 starts moving etc....

Harrison
25th July 2009, 02:12
Does it have logic built in? So for example if it realises two trains are going to collide it will stop one or divert it?

Does your setup detect the location of each train per rail section? Or exactly where they are via sensor on the train and track?

A guy I used to work with was heavily into model trainsets and had a very advanced setup which was computer controlled and it had a lot of automated settings that could do some cool stuff, such as automatically shunt up trains when one was moved out of the sidings. And could even control two trains traveling on the same track.

Tiago
25th July 2009, 12:08
Yes you can do that, but for each new feature you need new decoders, new parts.
For detection, i need special compunent that detects the rain when it passes certain point, that compunent will inform the system about the train and then you can give an order. But i dont have that yet.... need some more time ($) .... :lol: