PDA

View Full Version : Wii from UK

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2009, 12:24
I wanted to get another Wii now, to fiddle around more with homebrew and stuff, but don't want to brick mine already. And you can get them between 65-75£ which is quite cheap, and it's the console only.

The only thing I want to know is if the UK Wii will support 220V? As far one eBay member said yes, the other said that he thinks that you need an adapter. So who knows? Can I use my 220V cable to plug it in?

Harrison
24th July 2009, 16:15
UK uses the same 230V as Luxembourg, so all that you will need is the correct power cable, as the plug sockets are different in the UK.

BTW, where did you see Wii's for £75? I've not seem them for less than £160.

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2009, 18:14
UK uses the same 230V as Luxembourg, so all that you will need is the correct power cable, as the plug sockets are different in the UK.

BTW, where did you see Wii's for £75? I've not seem them for less than £160.You can find some at eBay.co.uk, but as I mentioned, it's only the console, no power leads, no controllers, no game, nothing else. Also it's of course used ones, not new ones, so only interesting for someone who owes already a Wii, some kind as replacement Wii.

So I will need an adapter to plug it in here.

Harrison
24th July 2009, 19:05
No. You should just be able to use the power cable from your other Wii with it. It is only the plug that will be different at your wall socket.

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2009, 19:07
No. You should just be able to use the power cable from your other Wii with it. It is only the plug that will be different at your wall socket.:) I just wanted to write that, because I already have a power cable, and I guess the output on the Wii is the same for both versions, it's only the socket which changes :)

Demon Cleaner
28th July 2009, 20:46
Btw, I got one yesterday for 65£.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260454060094&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Harrison
29th July 2009, 02:55
Great price.