PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Classic Computer Platform (MCC)

Demon Cleaner
21st July 2009, 17:11
From Amiga-News:

Thanks to the FPGA-technology the "Multiple Classic Computer" (MCC) is supposed to simulate classical computers. According to the producer the C64-hardware is being completely emulated - three videos on Youtube (1, 2, 3) are supposed to demonstrate it but show only a recorded screen on which different C64-games are started.

Additional to further 8 Bit-computers and the Atari ST the "whole Amiga serie" is mentiond as another aim on the website. The MCC is supposed to have the following devices:

* 2 x Atari and Commodore compatible joysticks
* 2 x P/S2 for keyboard and mouse
* 1 x SD-card-slot
* 1 x Audio (stereo)
* 1 x VGA
* 1 x S-Video

The hardware is supposed to be available soon.

Homepage: http://www.arcaderetrogaming.com/2.html

Harrison
21st July 2009, 19:32
I remember reading about this a long time ago. Very similar idea to the minimig.

Quite cool idea to integrate emulation of many systems into one like this. Very tempting. However I don't really see it offering much over a well setup PC with loads of emulators installed. In fact it has a lot of limitations in comparison.

I suppose the main selling point is its small integrated size, so it could be installed somewhere discrete as a retro gaming system. Maybe even into a dead retro case such as a C64 or Amiga A500. ;)