PDA

View Full Version : POTM POTM currently halted

Harrison
14th July 2009, 13:04
As most of you will have now guessed, the Poster of the Month competitions haven't been running for a few months now. This was due to a lack of interest in members submitting posts for the competition in the last couple of months it was being run.

I've therefore halted the whole POTM competition for the moment.

I will however resume the competition if we get enough members interested in taking part again.

Tiago
14th July 2009, 13:55
I am :(
i never win the POTM .... maybe one day...

Stephen Coates
27th August 2009, 01:50
Its a shame the POTM has been stopped. But then, there hasn't been quite as many posts/topics recently as there were once.

J T
27th August 2009, 19:13
Much like a loved TV series, things can outstay their welcome. Best rid for now, and then in a while bring it back to much acclaim and fanfare, when everyone will love it again.

Phantom
6th March 2010, 15:41
It's time to resume the competition, huh? :D

Harrison
7th March 2010, 11:55
Indeed it is. We are seeing some nice new members who I'm sure will be interested, and I'm sure it will renew old member's interest in winning also.

I'm upgrading the forums to vB4 this month, then we can relaunch the POTM to start at the beginning of April.

Submeg
7th March 2010, 12:24
yikes, something I have never attained!

Submeg
14th June 2010, 04:33
Now the upgrade is almost done, time to bring back POTM!

Harrison
15th June 2010, 13:18
It will be very soon... as you might have noticed, the Quotes system we had been using for the POTM competitions isn't on the site now. Sadly the developer of that component doesn't seem interested in porting it to vB4, and the existing version isn't fully compatible. I will therefore start looking for an alternative. Otherwise, we can do it the manual way, with members posting quotes posts in a monthly thread, and then we all vote on the best posted.